Acrylic Questions & Tips (126)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

re-starting an acrylic painting

I have 2 acrylic paintings that I set aside and would like to finish them. One has been sitting for a couple of months and the other is a c…

Started by Jean Doyle

1 Aug 5, 2015
Reply by Judy Lynn

"Dripping" effect for Acrylics

I have been searching for how to create the dripping effect on a canvas, but can't seem to find anything that works! I've tried using a flo…

Started by Gina Chitty

14 Aug 4, 2015
Reply by Lisa Kelly

I need help understanding shadows, light and dark, etc, please and thank-you.

I have always had a hard time working out where I shade for shadows to create depth, etc, in my artwork.  I would love it if anyone has the…

Started by Marion Kaye

0 Aug 2, 2015

Acrylic on giclee canvas. primer/gesso?

Hello, my question may be a bit unusual. I live in Costa Rica where I am about to do a large project with three stretched canvases, each 60…

Started by Nathan Miller

0 Jul 30, 2015

Trying to solve the acrylic mysteries

Hallo! I am an oil painter, but because of circumstances I have been skipping to watercolour and acrylics. I started working in an office a…

Started by Elmarie Smit

4 Jun 29, 2015
Reply by Laurel Nichols

acrylic mandala damaged by accidentally dropping water on it

So I'm about to complete a mandala rose window in acrylic and encountered a huge problem. I accidentally dropped a little water on my light…

Started by Erika Martin

1 Jun 13, 2015
Reply by David Hawkes

Black Primed Canvas

Hello! I want to do some art on a black primed canvas. The thing is I can not find any anywhere! Do any of you know where to find them? Hop…

Started by Skylar Tucker

10 Jun 9, 2015
Reply by Maureen Craddock

Acrylic Retardant

Hi friends, Need an inexpensive alternative to acrylic retardant? (Slows down drying process)  Well for ages now I have been using 'Glyceri…

Started by Alan Minshull

13 May 30, 2015
Reply by Jess

Acrylic lining pens - do they exist???

My painting style is very detailed and a lot of my work has very small objects with lots of detailing. I also fine line pen on many parts o…

Started by Stephen Edwards

27 May 22, 2015
Reply by Beverly Burrows

Painting over latex satin paint w/acrylics

I've just started a new project of rehabing a very old wood table and plan to make it into a whimsical-type design with very bright hand-pa…

Started by Joy Wytrzyszczewski

2 May 18, 2015
Reply by Joy Wytrzyszczewski

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service