Acrylic Questions & Tips (126)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Acrylic blending

Hi guys and gails,  I about a year ago was inspired by my sister in law to paint she lives a distance away. But does some awesome work. I w…

Started by Lisa Woodford

3 May 7, 2015
Reply by Lisa Woodford

Painting Nylon Braided Cables with Acrylic

Hey guys and girls,  I am working on a PC project.  I purchased some wires that are individually sleeved in a nylon braid.  Here's a pictur…

Started by Martin Elkins

1 Apr 13, 2015
Reply by Jess

long haired Dog

Need Help! I’m trying to paint my long haired dog called Clancy. He is Wheaten Terrier and I plan to use Acrylic paint and I have no experi…

Started by Jack Bond

1 Mar 31, 2015
Reply by Laurel Nichols

How to paint a 'Perfect' circle with clean perimeter line.

I am considering an acrylic abstract work which will include at least one circle (min. 5" diameter).  I want the circle to be perfectly rou…

Started by Bob Dixon

3 Mar 6, 2015
Reply by Bill Linthwaite

Tips for Painting Photorealism in Acrylics

Hi everyone, some of you may be familiar with my Guide to Painting Photorealism in Acrylics here: http://www.art-is-fun.com/how-to-paint-ph

Started by Thaneeya McArdle

5 Feb 25, 2015
Reply by Thaneeya McArdle

What is the difference between Gloss Varnish vs fluid gloss medium and varnish vs gel medium

Hello Friends,                I want to work on projects related to decoupaging, mixed media, canvas work with acrylic paints. To seal my p…

Started by Harpreet Kaur

7 Jan 10, 2015
Reply by michele josiane martin

Varnish for Acrylic

I have a question that I hope someone out there can steer me right on. I paint river rocks (as I am sure you all can tell)...I am having a…

Started by Delinda Moczygemba

10 Dec 14, 2014
Reply by Arnesto Borges

Painting furniture with Acrylics

Friends, I need help. I have always been very attracted by designs painted on wooden furniture. For instance, Art on furniture in Art by Aa…

Started by baljeet kaur

0 Nov 26, 2014

Acrylic paints protection

Hi all.. I would like to know What is the best way to prevent acrylic paints from getting off with every wipe of the dinner mats? I  have n…

Started by Nimisha Kacheria

0 Nov 7, 2014

Acrylic help

i use acrylic on canvas, just wondering, if there is anything else i can use other than a fine brush for the delicate bits?

Started by Mareese

2 Oct 31, 2014
Reply by Jess

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service