All Other Media Questions & Tips (39)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Photography colored pencil?

I am having trouble photographing my colored pencil landscapes. It is really hard to get glare out of the picture and it shows more lines t…

Started by Cathi Laferriere

7 Feb 10, 2015
Reply by Cathi Laferriere

Mural on a plastic outdoor storage shed...

Hello,     I have just been given the opportunity to do a mural on a Plastic storage shed. She would like an small Orange tree, perhaps wit…

Started by Kerry Ann Lampkin

7 Nov 2, 2014
Reply by Joy Evans

Help!!! Painting a trunk..

I am about to do a job for someone painting a trunk. I don't really know what kind of paint to use. I don't think I should use acrylic; it…

Started by Little Cloud

4 Oct 26, 2014
Reply by Little Cloud

Markers

Hi everyone. I am just starting to do some doodling in a sketch pad and on cardstock what markers are best to use? I had some copic but the…

Started by Michelle wilson

5 Jul 22, 2014
Reply by Pat

Alcohol inks and encaustics

I know alcohol inks can be used with encaustics but have never tried it. Has anyone else ever tried this? Do know any processes or techniqu…

Started by Lori Link

3 Jul 7, 2014
Reply by sherri selin

Derwent Coloursoft Pencils - PLEASE HELP

I want to buy Derwent Coloursoft Pencils, I cannot get PrismaColours in Pretoria, SA. So please anyone out there with experience in Derwent…

Started by Marthie Scholer

5 Jun 3, 2014
Reply by Billy Camryn

oil sticks

I have worked with Sennelier Oil Sticks for many years. After 13 years I was thrown out of my studio by a developer (again) and forced to r…

Started by carl daniel amedio

3 Apr 11, 2014
Reply by carl daniel amedio

Gelatos

Hi there,    I own a few gelatos (made by Faber-Castell). I've watched many videos and still don't have great success with them. I've tried…

Started by Judith Kaufman

3 Jan 7, 2014
Reply by Linda B

Colouring pencils, which?

I want to buy me good quality colouring pencils, I have already a selection of different colours Verithin colouring pencils, I know that th…

Started by Marthie Scholer

6 Dec 28, 2013
Reply by Lisa Hensley

Brusho: making cards, using masking fluid

I apologize, for some reason all the photos are inserting above the text, they won't insert within the text the way I intended, so hopeful…

Started by Jo Flockton

3 Dec 9, 2013
Reply by sharon oppenheimer

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service