All Other Media Questions & Tips (39)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Art Journal Pen Brands

I want to start using colored pens in my art journaling and mixed media work. I'd love to know what brands you recommend. I'm thinking art…

Started by Dawn Herring

5 Aug 26, 2013
Reply by Dawn Herring

Marbling

while doing marbling on paper with oil paints they mix with each other how can we prevent that?as i dont have alcohol inks available here i…

Started by Maryam Naeem

0 Aug 8, 2013

Pottery, porcelain painting.

Hi all, please can somebody help me in showing easy patterns to do on plates as I have to do 250 of them .also is transfer paper and tracin…

Started by Niru dhar

1 Aug 6, 2013
Reply by Aileen McLeod

GLASSWORKING

Does anyone here work with glass? Lampwork, blowing, flaming, glass beads, marbles, figurines? Am interested in adding this to my other hob…

Started by Kenneth A. Haines

2 Jul 10, 2013
Reply by Kenneth A. Haines

3D Mosaics surface question

Has anyone attempted to mosaic on a plastic mannequin before? Any advice on how to prepare the surface at first? I know plastic is risky ye…

Started by Kelly Perline

1 Jun 27, 2013
Reply by Cat Demkiw

Projector Woes

Hello all.... I'm looking for help with a projector problem. I'm doing a portrait for a family at the school where I teach.  In order to sa…

Started by Cathy Barnes

4 Jun 24, 2013
Reply by Charlotte Wise

Selling Collages

I mostly work with 20x30 foam board  and one of my friends wants to market me buy I'm having a hard time figuring out what the marketing in…

Started by Tanika

2 Jun 21, 2013
Reply by Tanika

What are some weird or unusual materials you've used in your art?

Let's expand our creative boundaries by exploring some of the weirder things we've used in our art!  Have you used conventional materials (…

Started by Thaneeya McArdle

37 Apr 27, 2013
Reply by Karen L Williams

Lutrador and Tyvek

Hello all, Does anyone work with the materials Tyvek or/and Lutrador? Its very interesting stuff when 'attacked' with a heat gun. Im just e…

Started by Georgia Denby

13 Mar 5, 2013
Reply by Tee Thompson

How to draw hair??

I am doing a charcoal portrait and so far it has been great! The face is coming along great, Posted below.  ashley1.JPG  I am only having…

Started by Skylar Tucker

1 Feb 18, 2013
Reply by Skylar Tucker

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service