All Other Media Questions & Tips (39)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

transfering photocopy images

Does anyone know how to transfer a photocopy image onto another paper, say watercolor paper?  I read how to do this some time ago but don't…

Started by Joy Evans

4 Jan 24, 2013
Reply by Joy Evans

photographing artwork: digital vs digital slr?

....good informative and helpful discussion in general art room about photographing artworks.  I've been told that a digital slr as opposed…

Started by Joy Evans

2 Jan 24, 2013
Reply by Joy Evans

Silk painting

Ok, I have in painted many different mediums, even acrylic and watercolor on faux silk and heat set them. The results were good, so I have…

Started by Amanda

2 Jun 3, 2012
Reply by Amanda

Help with Craft for Christmas gift...

I need some help and researching online hasnt helped me much as of now. I have 4 plain glass light covers the ones that go over lightbulbs…

Started by Catherine Beminio

0 Nov 18, 2011

Substituting materials

Hi there, I,m eager to try out the Ebru art technique with acrylics but I can´t seem to find either Alum or Caragheen here in Barcelona.  I…

Started by Dehra McDonald

3 Oct 24, 2011
Reply by Meg Mackenzie

Sculpture question

How can I fire a clay sculpture if I don't have a kiln. Is there any way or do I need air dry clay or something like that?

Started by Tiffany

1 Oct 16, 2011
Reply by Meg Mackenzie

Reverse painting on glass

Does someone know of a good book for one to learn reverse painting on glass?  I did this 20 years ago but saw someone displaying this type…

Started by Jeanette Eckert

0 Oct 1, 2011

Gelatine Printing

Ive seen on U Tube a method of printing using gelatine. Anyone (in the UK) know where I can get gelatine in large enough quantities to do t…

Started by Georgia Denby

2 Jun 17, 2011
Reply by Georgia Denby

Plastic Corks

I have 'collected' a zillion plastic corks  for years and would love inspiration and ideas for a classroom 3d project.  High School student…

Started by Mary Giroux

3 Jun 8, 2011
Reply by Thaneeya McArdle

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service