Drawing Questions & Tips (63)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pencil to ink - mistakes

Hi, is it just me but every time I draw in pencil first then ink I ruin it. I don't seem to be able to follow the pencil line exactly and o…

Started by Jan Bracher

10 Dec 16, 2014
Reply by Arthur Antone "Tony" Thiebaut Jr

Is Staedtler Luna ABS Color Pencil good for water coloring?

Hello friends!                    I am a beginner and wish to use water color pencils in my projects of mixed media, canvas and so on. Plea…

Started by Harpreet Kaur

0 Oct 28, 2014

drawing cat, help?

I been asked draw someone pet cat, I never draw cat and not sure on how best draw one. Can I have tip and good advice, it will be very much…

Started by Kuro Saya

2 Sep 21, 2014
Reply by Kuro Saya

How to have correct proportions when drawing on a larger scale with a small reference?

Hey guys, I have a question :) When drawing on a large scale from a smaller photo reference, how do I get the proportions correct? The face…

Started by Bindi

4 Aug 20, 2014
Reply by Bindi

Your favorite brand of colored pencils

Hi all! What's your favorite brand of colored pencils?  I've been using Prismacolors since high school and LOVE them, but I was recently g…

Started by Thaneeya McArdle

37 Jul 29, 2014
Reply by Leeton reed

Pencil Drawing Learning Library - Free Online Resources (Websites, Videos, etc)

This thread is dedicated to listing free online resources for learning how to draw with pencil!  This can include websites and videos, as l…

Started by Thaneeya McArdle

14 Jul 20, 2014
Reply by Thaneeya McArdle

Tools for graphite drawing.

These are the tools that I use for all my drawings.     Staedtler Mar Lumograph Pencils.   2H, 2B and 3B. Paper stumps......   Blending.…

Started by Doreen Cross

11 May 7, 2014
Reply by michele josiane martin

Best paper options?

So I decided to bite the bullet and bought myself a set of Prismacolor pencils.  I want to make sure I have the best possible paper to use…

Started by Rebecca Medley

6 May 6, 2014

Derwent ColourSoft Blending test

Hi Blessed Day to all I just want to share my test on derwent coloursoft. I know this eye is not perfect :) sorry for my english also heheh…

Started by Jun Osorio

5 May 4, 2014

Papaya in the Morning, revisisted

Now that I understand graphite drawing a little better, I'd decided to revisit Papaya in the Morning. On left "before", on right "after". I…

Started by Kelley Brautigam

3 Apr 30, 2014

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service