Drawing Questions & Tips (63)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sad about final results

So, my turtle was coming along fine until the end. The instructor in the video did not add a background, but I wanted mine blue to match th…

Started by Kelley Brautigam

21 Apr 30, 2014
Reply by michele josiane martin

Colored Pencil Learning Library - Free Online Resources (Websites, Videos, etc)

This thread is dedicated to listing free online resources for learning how to use colored pencils!  This can include websites and videos, a…

Started by Thaneeya McArdle

7 Apr 16, 2014
Reply by Billy Camryn

Sky help

Working on a piece I call: The Fatal Believer, it is more sad, the mustang is wounded. I have crows added in, and it is more of dark sad na…

Started by Kuro Saya

0 Mar 18, 2014

Derwent ColourSoft pencils? Good choice?

Art shops in Pretoria do not stock Prisma Colouring Pencils. Now my question, anyone out there who know more about DERWENT COLOURSOFT PENCI…

Started by Marthie Scholer

5 Oct 23, 2013
Reply by Jun Osorio

Colored Pencil....HELP!!!

Let me preface this with the fact that I'm a novice to this medium and a beginning artist, so I'm not too savvy. I'm trying to do a large c…

Started by Tj Voelker

11 Sep 25, 2013
Reply by Tj Voelker

drawing hands

I suck at drawing hands...... any tips?

Started by Bea

4 Sep 19, 2013
Reply by gary c decker

Pen and marker help

Ok, relatively new so here goes, I like my color pencils but would also like to do some stuff in pen, I find the pen good for outlining and…

Started by Kenneth A. Haines

2 Sep 12, 2013
Reply by Kenneth A. Haines

Sketching Inks

Hello all, I ran across a "new", or new to me product, and was wondering if anyone has tried this themselves. Pam Carriker's Sketching Inks…

Started by Sage Mason

3 Sep 2, 2013
Reply by Sage Mason

Koh I Noor woodless colored pencils

Anyone out there tried these? I was considering getting some due to the fact that the Prismacolor Premier Art Stix don't come in gray. Befo…

Started by Tj Voelker

18 Jul 25, 2013
Reply by Jason J. Rodenkirchen

Color Wheel, Hand-colored

I've recently started toying with colored pencils. Arlene Steinberg's book _Masterful Color_ suggests a hands-on approach to making your ow…

Started by Kathy Herbert

4 Jul 8, 2013
Reply by Marilyn Winters

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service