General Art Room (442)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Good enough?

I'm wanting to begin selling some of my paintings and with that goal in mind over the past year I've been painting and painting yet I have…

Started by Aubrey Campbell

5 Aug 4, 2011
Reply by Aubrey Campbell

SKETCH BOOKS /VISUAL DIARIES

Hello everyone. I thought this might be an interesting discussion to set up.  I'm looking for a sketchbook that  can be used with most medi…

Started by Pauline Donohoe

7 Aug 3, 2011
Reply by Pauline Donohoe

How did you feel the first time someone called you an artist?

For many of us, being an artist is something we have been exploring with a mix of excitement and fear. What if I have no real talent? What…

Started by Suzanne Vadnais Monson

32 Aug 1, 2011
Reply by Suzanne Vadnais Monson

the your paintings project in the UK

BBC Your Paintings   A huge planned resource of painters and their paintings in the UK. A Site to watch in the coming months.   Enjoy   Ruth

Started by Ruth Frampton

1 Jul 23, 2011
Reply by Thaneeya McArdle

Any place for new/"wanna be" artists here?

Hi everyone, I'm new here, and also new to the world of art. I am teaching myself how to draw and paint (it is slow-going!). I've tried acr…

Started by MaureenF

10 Jul 10, 2011
Reply by april beasley

art block

i was hired to do some cuttings of photos someone else took and i am having trouble getting "in to it" it is not subjects i would pick or c…

Started by pye squire

3 Jul 2, 2011
Reply by pye squire

Organising space

Would appreciate your ideas on how to set up/organise a small space to paint.

Started by Maureen McKenna

5 Jun 30, 2011
Reply by Maureen McKenna

Rice Paper or Blotting paper?

Hello all, I often read the American magazine "Cloth Paper Scissors" (Im in the UK) and so often it mentions Rice Paper. Im sure they dont…

Started by Georgia Denby

3 Jun 27, 2011

What are some of the art shows you have attended this year? Were they good or bad?

What are some of the art shows any of you have attended this year?   What were your likes or dislikes?   I have attended Summerfair in Cinc…

Started by Suzy Jones

2 Jun 27, 2011
Reply by Suzy Jones

Varnishing a giclee on canvas (of an oil painting)

I recently had a painting copied as a giclee canvas that someone wants to purchase.  Do I need to varnish it as I would an oil painting? …

Started by Jesse Ensling

1 Jun 22, 2011

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service