General Art Room (459)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

River water

I am having some problems with river water that is very green.  I don't know how to get the shiny gleam of the water and need help with the…

Started by Terryll Eloff

1 Oct 25, 2011
Reply by Thaneeya McArdle

Scanning Artwork

Does anyone have suggestions on how to brighten up my background space without blowing my whites out within the drawing? I've attached 2 sc…

Started by Amy Waters

6 Oct 15, 2011
Reply by Lizzie

HI every one.Does any one no about printers. whats the best all rounder to buy for our art needs.

Started by Christine Bowerman

8 Sep 30, 2011
Reply by Christine Bowerman

Quick question about art fairs and selling

I have a quick simple question that I will delete as soon as possible to keep the forums clean.   I've been having a discussion with someon…

Started by Aubrey Campbell

2 Sep 25, 2011
Reply by Aubrey Campbell

Free downloads, inspirational movies and books about artists

Dear fellow artists, Hope all of you are enjoying your summer and that every day brings about something fresh and new that you may want to…

Started by Susanne Skene

2 Sep 20, 2011
Reply by Susanne Skene

Books about Artists (Biographies, Novels, etc...)

We have a thread for films about artists and art, so let's start a new discussion about books about artists and art! What are your favorite…

Started by Thaneeya McArdle

1 Sep 16, 2011
Reply by Thaneeya McArdle

Baby portrait in acrylic

I would appreciate any tips and advice on painting a portrait of a 10 month old baby.  As it is my first portrait any little bit of advice…

Started by Terryll Eloff

7 Sep 14, 2011
Reply by Meg Mackenzie

Is It OK To Copy?

I find that I can produce a result I am happy with as long as I am copying someone else's painting or illustration.  Is this normal for beg…

Started by Starr White

12 Sep 8, 2011
Reply by Arlene Toth

Recover from an oops !

We all have those moments when we experience an oops ( a little accident ) how do you recover to make the oops a positive for your art work…

Started by Jeffrey A. Knight

7 Sep 7, 2011
Reply by Jeffrey A. Knight

"TUIT" - An inspirational piece of equipment

TUIT   Pictured below is a Tuit A round one. With this Tuit you will be able to do a great many things that you have not been able to do be…

Started by Rusty Roestorf

0 Sep 1, 2011

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

© 2018   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service