Oil Painting Questions & Tips (31)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Oil Paint

I just got back from my very first trip to the beach, which I've fallen in love with.  All weekend, though, I've had a burning desire to pa…

Started by Joshua Blair

1 Jun 7, 2013
Reply by Thaneeya McArdle

Oil Painting Finishes and Color Brilliance Questions

I have several paintings that need a finishing coat after drying/curing for 9 to 12 months. Three questions: 1) I have seen painters using…

Started by Patrick Witz

2 May 5, 2013
Reply by Jenifer Nadira Knight

My Christmas Present to you!

I was scrummaging around my hard drive, and thought, this would be information folks may be interested in.  So here is a demo for you.  It…

Started by Delmus Phelps

22 Mar 10, 2013
Reply by Lois McDavid

Liquid White Oil Paint

I am trying to do a wet on wet painting following a instructional video. I went to the art store to buy oil paints (i have only used acryli…

Started by T C

3 Mar 3, 2013
Reply by Christina Mcclintock

Technical things with the layered method you may be having problems with.

Hi All,  A fan wrote me the other day, and since it seemed appropriate, I thought the questions were great and would serve to help others,…

Started by Delmus Phelps

2 Sep 7, 2012
Reply by Jennifer Riggs

What Oil Painting equipment should a beginner get

Hi  I have done a few painting with acrylic but I now want to move onto oils.  I would like to know your views on what colours of oil pai…

Started by Matthew Canning

2 Aug 16, 2012
Reply by PAM DEMEYER

How do I clean my brush if I used oil paint???

I don't know how to clean my brushes after using oil paint. I'm asking for some tips about this since I don't want to waste a good brush.

Started by Regina Santos

6 May 6, 2012
Reply by Regina Santos

Having trouble with water mixable oil paint, please help if you can

I'm doing a portriat with these paints and while reworking on the face i find the paint is sticky and some is rolling into little pill like…

Started by Catherine Marie Chiara Duran

0 Mar 5, 2012

Any tips on oil painting teeth?

I'm painting a portriat of two people, both are smiling. The photo is a wallet size and the painting is 24 by 36. I can not really see ther…

Started by Catherine Marie Chiara Duran

0 Feb 24, 2012

What happens if you put acrylic paint on top of oil?

I recently started oil painting about 2 months ago and have had no instruction. I just read that you're not supposed to put acrylic paint o…

Started by Marie Smoke

2 Nov 1, 2011
Reply by Marie Smoke

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service