Watercolor Questions & Tips (60)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Papers

I really like Lanston Prestige by Daler-Rowney for watercolor.  There is something about the texture of the paper that fascinates me.

Started by Elizabeth Brandon

0 May 31, 2012

Watercolor Artist

I am looking for those who do, or are knowledgeable about using watercolors. There are times when I get stuck and do not know how to achiev…

Started by Dee Elliott

4 May 6, 2012
Reply by Meg Mackenzie

Question about Vrubel's watercolor technique(s)

Hello everybody. I was very interested in a specific technique used by M. Vrubel in some of his watercolor paintings. I found that informa…

Started by Julian Iliev

1 May 2, 2012
Reply by Marjorie Sloan

Help please, how do YOU use gouache paint in tubes?

I only have a palette with little rounded wells. Do I squeeze the paint into these wells and then use it as is?do I squeeze it out and let…

Started by Margaret Brock

3 Feb 18, 2012
Reply by Margaret Brock

Workable fixitive and watercolor paint? Is it safe?

I've been experimenting. I had a very badly painted watercolor so I used it in this experiment. I sprayed it with workable fixitive and th…

2 Feb 11, 2012
Reply by Margaret Brock

Watercolor?

When doing watercolor is it okay to be able to see pencil lines? I think I heard it somewhere

Started by Skylar Tucker

4 Jan 25, 2012
Reply by Skylar Tucker

A real beginner question - watercolor

Ive been doing a lot of zentangle inspired art so I've had pen lines bordering any paint. Now I'd like to change what I'm creating. I have…

3 Jan 2, 2012
Reply by Margaret Brock

Watercolor paper

Hello all, I am looking for recommendations for watercolor art paper. I just finished using a mixed media spiral notebook for my art journa…

Started by Dawn Herring

8 Nov 18, 2011
Reply by Dawn Herring

Egg Tempera

Not sure if this is the correct place for this question.....  Has anyone, or does anyone currently paint with egg tempera?  And, is there a…

Started by Ann Marie

3 Sep 20, 2011
Reply by Meg Mackenzie

Techniques for realistic water

I'm struggling to make water look realistic - ocean waves, swimming pool water - I'd love to hear of some techniques for this.

Started by Christina Hoard Carey

1 Jul 5, 2011
Reply by Thaneeya McArdle

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service