Works in Progress (145)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Still Life In Progress

I thought I would go back to basics and do some still life paintings to practice the basics like light. I found this great little vase in a…

Started by Glen Billett

1 Nov 24, 2016
Reply by Glen Billett

WIP - Old Wooden Door

This is the painting that I'm working on.  I'm new to watercolour and have been enjoying it very much!  

Started by Tanya Gibson

3 Nov 13, 2016
Reply by Kathy Orrell

Tribal Phoenix: Mini-WIP

Last year a friend asked if I could design her a phoenix tattoo for her birthday. She wanted the phoenix to have a "tribal" aesthetic and r…

Started by Thaneeya McArdle

8 Nov 5, 2016
Reply by Carla Cryptic

Animal Portraits/ does anybody else find it completely different drawing an animal or a pet to a human face...

Started by Frank Savage

4 Oct 10, 2016
Reply by Frank Savage

My Work In Progress

Hello I have a work in progress, I am slowly getting there, hopefully in about 2 more weeks or less , I should be done.

Started by Joan Elizabeth White

0 Jul 18, 2016

My work in proceess

Hi everyone. This is my current work in process. I have recently returned to my art after nearly 40 years.  I'm self taught and would love…

Started by Melinda Roth

7 Mar 11, 2016
Reply by michele josiane martin

Tss Earnstall New Zealand

Started an Acrylic from a photo I took at Queenstown when on holiday a few years ago. At the time there was no snow on the mountains, I tho…

Started by Mike Gullick

3 Dec 7, 2015
Reply by Barbara McEwen

Azure Kingfisher in stages

Hi All...It's finally done....An Azure Kingfisher on a 18" x 24" canvas...Here is a collage of the various stages of it being painted..Incl…

Started by Dallas Nyberg

5 Oct 27, 2015
Reply by david heaton

His Majesty - finished

Hi AllWell, it took nearly a month to complete, but it's finally finished...Due to the size and the amount detail required, it was a lot of…

Started by Dallas Nyberg

8 Oct 10, 2015
Reply by Dallas Nyberg

Back to the Kingfisher

Hi All..After a long session painting the lion, I have finally got back to working on my painting of an Azure Kingfisher... At the time thi…

Started by Dallas Nyberg

2 Oct 10, 2015
Reply by Dallas Nyberg

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service