Works in Progress (146)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Back to the Kingfisher

Hi All..After a long session painting the lion, I have finally got back to working on my painting of an Azure Kingfisher... At the time thi…

Started by Dallas Nyberg

2 Oct 10, 2015
Reply by Dallas Nyberg

A stage collage of my lion painting

Hi All..I did this collage of various stages of the lion's head being done. I will continue to add stages to this, until the painting's com…

Started by Dallas Nyberg

6 Sep 29, 2015
Reply by Dallas Nyberg

Last sneak peek..

Hi All..This will be the last sneak peek at my lion painting until it's completed.. At the stage this photo was taken, I had started to ren…

Started by Dallas Nyberg

0 Sep 27, 2015

another update on the lion painting

Hi all...A bit more work on the lion painting.... I have been working on getting the mane done... It's a lot of work and a lot of eye strai…

Started by Dallas Nyberg

0 Sep 19, 2015

Further progress on the lion painting

Hi all...Another update of the Lion painting... I am slowly working out how his mane should sit and finding the colors to suit. Most of his…

Started by Dallas Nyberg

0 Sep 18, 2015

A switch to a WIP on my lion painting

An update on what I'm currently working on.. I switched to working on the lion painting for a while... This is a cropped photo of the paint…

Started by Dallas Nyberg

2 Sep 15, 2015
Reply by Dallas Nyberg

A bit more progress on the lion painting

A bit more done on the lion painting... Wow..I have got to stop painting subjects with hair or fur! The coloring on the mane hair on the…

Started by Dallas Nyberg

0 Sep 14, 2015

WIP The Barn..graphite/charcoal

Hi all... I started this piece about a year ago for my Dad..sadly I am super slow and am hoping to have it finally finished this month...I'…

Started by Cheryl Brown-Corgan

6 Sep 9, 2015
Reply by Cheryl Brown-Corgan

Futher update of the Kingfisher

Another update pic of the Kingfisher painting... Branch is nearly finished.. not too sure I like it yet.... I changed the plan for the bott…

Started by Dallas Nyberg

1 Sep 7, 2015
Reply by Cheryl Brown-Corgan

An upate on th lion painting

Taken in poor light, with light flare from the left. Most of this is just base painting, it will change as I progress. I'm a bit unorthodo…

Started by Dallas Nyberg

9 Sep 6, 2015
Reply by Dallas Nyberg

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service