All Discussions Tagged 'pencil' (32)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Selfie - pencil drawing of my own eyes

Hi everyone, I want to draw my own eyes in coloured pencil, but my eyes are a light grey colour. I am unsure how realistic it will look if…

Started by Lizette de Vries-Venter

2 Nov 25
Reply by Lizette de Vries-Venter

My Granddaughter Grace...

So a few weeks back I started this piece but I was also prepping for my first exhibit so I set this one aside.  More recently now I've pick…

Started by Terry Mellway

1 Nov 5, 2014
Reply by Pat

Is Staedtler Luna ABS Color Pencil good for water coloring?

Hello friends!                    I am a beginner and wish to use water color pencils in my projects of mixed media, canvas and so on. Plea…

Started by Harpreet Kaur

0 Oct 28, 2014

Not so WIP - Victorian Children using Pastel Pencils

It's not so much a WIP as finished but I wasn't sure where to post it so here's my Victorian Children Portrait based on Emile Vernon Poster…

Started by Colin Bradley

6 Oct 21, 2014
Reply by Rita Lulay Malsch

Pencil Drawing Learning Library - Free Online Resources (Websites, Videos, etc)

This thread is dedicated to listing free online resources for learning how to draw with pencil!  This can include websites and videos, as l…

Started by Thaneeya McArdle

14 Jul 20, 2014
Reply by Thaneeya McArdle

Gus - WIP

Well, I completed the final version of My Jamaican but for some reason it did not give me the option to upload the image as it does here so…

Started by Terry Mellway

20 Jul 18, 2014
Reply by Calsanne Steward

Colored pencil project

Not sure if this is acceptable, but this project is actually not done yet. Just thought I'd share what is consuming all my free time. I've…

Started by Tj Voelker

20 Jun 24, 2014
Reply by Linda l Phillabaum

Derwent ColourSoft Blending test

Hi Blessed Day to all I just want to share my test on derwent coloursoft. I know this eye is not perfect :) sorry for my english also heheh…

Started by Jun Osorio

5 May 4, 2014
Reply by michele josiane martin

Colored Pencil Learning Library - Free Online Resources (Websites, Videos, etc)

This thread is dedicated to listing free online resources for learning how to use colored pencils!  This can include websites and videos, a…

Started by Thaneeya McArdle

7 Apr 16, 2014
Reply by Billy Camryn

Lucy in pencil

I had to locate a different instructor for portraits. I have found there are many, many approaches to realistic portraiture and the method…

Started by Kelley Brautigam

1 Feb 20, 2014
Reply by Michael Beckett

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service