Welcome to Artwork of the Week

This weeks artwork is by Laurel Nichols from Redmond WA USA and the Title is "The Egg needs to be Flipped"

The medium Laurel used is Acrylic Paint and you have to admit this Egg sure does look realistic and just sitting there, ready and waiting  to be eaten.

Please be sure to take a look at Laurel's page for more of her Artworks.

http://theartcolony.ning.com/profile/Laurel

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wow this is brilliant and it sure looks good enough to eat, you must have been so hungry while creating your masterpiece.

My favorite way to eat them LOL but uhm where is the bacon????

I agree with Stacy´s remark, but might add lol, where are the hash browns?  On a more serious note. I would call this conceptual art as you are trying to get the viewer to think by offering minimal cues, e.g. in this case, only a fried egg, or a brain on drugs as it used to represent when the harsh campaign was underway maybe 30 years ago now.  Anyway, I like it a lot!

Looks so delicious and it's time for some breakfast too! Wonderful work, Laurel!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2018   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service