Oops I didn't find this introduction page when I first joined the site, sorry. I'll do it now.
I'm Glen. I live in Sydney, Australia. Actually I live on the outskirts of Sydney, a semi rural area, so I can visit the city or country, mostly country these days.

I've always been creative I suppose.
When I left school i moved to Sydney to play drums in several bands. I did that for many years and still write music, although these days painting has taken over as my main creative outlet. I'm self taught, never had a lesson although I'm considering doing some sort of art course.

Oils are what I love. Their buttery consistency, their rich depth of colour, the way you can work them, the thick brush strokes, their smell, the fact that the old masters used them. I'm very traditional with painting. I've started making my own hardboard panels, I only use linseed oil as a medium, I even want to use Old Holland paints because the company goes back to 1664 when some of the old guys were around!

I'm always trying to improve as I want to prove to myself that I can be an excellent painter. Only time will tell if that's true. I've set myself the goal of having one of my paintings on show somewhere, anywhere, sometime. I don't care if it's just at a local fair, as long as it's hanging where people can see it!

Anyway, that's me. Hopefully I can learn a thing or two on this site and meet some like minded people. Looking forward to it and don't hesitate to send messages, hints or money....

Glen

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Glen, nice to meet you.Hopefully you'll learn a lot from this site...lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service