Hi everyone I need help from you artist who are proficient  in pastel portraits . I love to do portraits in pastels most of all ...here is my problem I would like help on how to get a better likeness of my subjects . Below is my grandson Max who is 8 yrs old ... my daughter told me it was OK !!  that it doesn't really look like him.... she never really likes ANYTHING I do but that is another story . Anyway please help me see what I can do to improve my likeness what am I not seeing . I do see I need to darken his hair for one .

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Brenda,  I have had a look at your portrait of Max and at the moment I think you have lengthened his face a little therefore making him a tad older than he is.   I have a notion the problem lies with the length of his chin or the shading of his chin.   You have also opened his eyes a touch.  I am at sixes and sevens today but I will have another look when I have got more time to concentrate and my brain is not clogged up with other things whirling around.  I will as I say have another look and get back to you.  Do let me know if you think I am on the right track with my thoughts.

Dorothy

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service