Hello everyone,

Hope all is going well with you! I have a couple of important announcements to share with you:

1. I am in the process of stepping down as the owner/manager of The Art Colony, and passing the reins over to one of our moderators, Jane Miles (aka cheekyjane). Jane has been an active member of TAC for years and is well-known by many of you. She has a strong enthusiasm for our community and will do a fantastic job as the new owner. She plans to keep everything the same, so you don't need to worry about any sudden changes to how the site runs. Let's please welcome her as the new owner and if you get the chance, please thank her for taking over the management of TAC! I have every confidence that Jane will do a fabulous job running this site!

-- You may be wondering why I'm stepping down as owner of TAC. This has been an extremely hard decision but I know it's the right one, because my life has gotten increasingly busier over the years, to the point where I was having trouble balancing my life & work responsibilities on top of running TAC. I will continue to be a member of TAC (but not a moderator), and I look forward to spending more time on the site when my schedule permits!

2. I will be removing TAC as a subdomain from my Art-is-Fun.com site. Currently the home page is community.art-is-fun.com but in a few days it will revert to its default URL, which is theartcolony.ning.com. Thankfully, all the pages on TAC will redirect to their new addresses, so everything should load smoothly - hooray!

However, once this change takes effect, please update your bookmarks/favorites (if you have saved the site in your bookmarks/favorites). If you have business cards that list the URL of your TAC profile, or if you link to your TAC profile from your website, Facebook page, etc, please be sure to start using the new URL of your TAC profile, which will start with theartcolony.ning.com.

You will probably need to log in again after the change takes effect, so if you forgot your password, click the "Forgot your password?" button that appears on the sign-in page and follow the instructions to reset your password

That's about it for now. Thank you all for reading this and thank you for making my time as owner of TAC both enjoyable and fulfilling!!

Best Wishes,
Thaneeya

Views: 169

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jose, that's a great quote and very fitting! You never know what will happen unless you try...

Wishing you all the best!!

Jose A. Gonzalez Jr. said:

"What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?"
~Vincent van Gogh~

Goodbye Thaneeya McArdle.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service