Welcome to our Members Showcase! We are delighted to present Kay Shute from Australia

Kay's art works are done using Acrylics and various other mediums

To see more of Kay's work; please visit her Gallery;- 

http://theartcolony.ning.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?screenN...

Bio

I have always wanted to paint but did not know where to begin. Then I discovered Folk/Decorative Art.

Participating in lessons and workshops as well as learning from instructional books, along with YouTube videos I managed to get started.

I like to paint from photographs I take, and I have some lovely friends who have also supplied me with their favourite photography shots to paint.

Like many of us, I am not in the best of health these last few years with Osteoarthritis, mainly in the feet and back, so I can only paint for a few hours a day.

My favourite medium is acrylics, although I try coloured pencils, inktense blocks and pencils, mechanical clutch pens, and graphtint pencils I have yet to play with.

I have also used traditional oil paint over acrylics, plus water soluble oil and I intend to do watercolour paintings hoping the magic of watercolour will be present.

I really love doing art and viewing the wonderful art images you the members are creating. You delight me and cheer me when I need it most.

Kay's Showcase

When you view the Gallery, be sure to click on the images to view them larger! 

Thank you for looking ......and please do take a look at Kay's Page

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

G'Day  Jack, and thank you mate!

Jack Bayes said:

As they say in your part of the world - Good on yer Kay!

You are a talented artist, Kay, so it is good to see your work featured. Enjoy it and give watercolours a try. They have a mind of their own, at times!

congrats on the feature kay your work is always stunning xx

Thank you Allan so lovely of you to say. I have done a couple of watercolours and you are so right about them having a mind of their own !

Allan Jones said:

You are a talented artist, Kay, so it is good to see your work featured. Enjoy it and give watercolours a try. They have a mind of their own, at times!

Thank you Paula ! xx

paula bettam said:

congrats on the feature kay your work is always stunning xx

Lovely work, Kay!  Those videos you used to learn must have been very good indeed (plus I'm sure there's a lot of "natural" talent involved here)!

Jayne,  big thank you for your lovely  encouraging comment.

Jayne Somogy said:

Lovely work, Kay!  Those videos you used to learn must have been very good indeed (plus I'm sure there's a lot of "natural" talent involved here)!

Well, Nice to see you being honored here my friend! (Well deserved, by the way). You know I love your art and have for about forever! I am always impressed by your lovely creations. You have a ton of talent. I have many favorites in your gallery. I especially like your portrait of Warwick. I would have liked to have met him and heard his stories. You captured him so well! Love, Marguerite

Thank  you so much  Marguerite! You know I love your art !   and you too  did a very grand drawing of Warwick ! We cannot replace him ,( the person,) but maybe we will find another character, I keep looking on the streets and in pubs :-)) and morgue file  but to no avail to date.

Love,

Kay xx

Marguerite Valdez said:

Well, Nice to see you being honored here my friend! (Well deserved, by the way). You know I love your art and have for about forever! I am always impressed by your lovely creations. You have a ton of talent. I have many favorites in your gallery. I especially like your portrait of Warwick. I would have liked to have met him and heard his stories. You captured him so well! Love, Marguerite

Well done Kay - your work is fantastic - every single piece.

Mairi, thank you for your lovely generous compliment.

Mairi McLeod said:

Well done Kay - your work is fantastic - every single piece.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service