Welcome to our Members Showcase! We are delighted to present Rita Lulay Malsch from USA

Rita creates her art works using a variety of mediums

To see more of Rita's work; please visit her Gallery;- 

http://theartcolony.ning.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?screenN...

Bio

My Art Journey

Rita Lulay Malsch

As a child growing up in Germany, I loved doing things with my hands, whether it was needlepoint or other creative issues using various common items. To pursue a career in art was never on the table, but it lay dormant. When my husband and I moved to Georgia in 1968, I had access to ceramic classes and enjoyed painting my pieces. At home, I started drawing portraits with charcoal of famous people. When we moved to New Jersey and I operated my own Family Day Care home, I took painting classes in acrylic in the evening at the Metuchen High School. I got ribbons from local fairs and dreamed to become an accomplished artist. My husband was transferred again and this time to Colorado. I reopened my Day Care business and felt comfortable to pursue art again on the side.

In 2002, I was involved on Mother's Day in an automobile accident caused by a drunk driver. I was then forced to close my Day Care home because of surgeries and doctor appointments that followed the accident. Staying at home full time opened up a new avenue in art. Again, I received ribbons at local fairs, tried to learn as much as I could in art and attended art instructions. As a result of the accident, the third spine surgery in 2011 left me paralyzed from the hips down. After one year, I learned to walk again with a walker, but doing art kept me going. I was represented more than once at the International Peace Exhibition at the International Peace Museum in Nagasaki, Japan. Locally, I was accepted several times into juried shows.

I'm currently working on my autobiography. When I started writing, I thought I had lost every idea and feeling for creating art until a friend told me not to stop painting. I took this to heart and to my surprise, a totally new style emerged.

My mediums are acrylic, Prismacolor colored pencils and Prismacolor markers. To a much lesser degree I use oil pastel and soft pastel.

Rita's Showcase

Thank you for looking ......and please do take a look at Rita's Page

Views: 147

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations you deserve this.

Thank you, Suz! I appreciate your comment!

Suz Darran said:

Congratulations you deserve this.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service