Welcome to the monthly theme for January. Artwork and comments welcome from everyone!!!!

This month's theme is - Winter 

The theme is open to all artists whatever your medium.

Please post your finished artwork in this discussion thread.

Feel free to post new or old artwork as long as it pertains to this theme.

Please remember to use the picture icon above text box to add images and not the attachment below. Click here for instructions on how to add an image to your forum post. This is important if you want people to be able to see your artwork!

To add your artwork, please use the "Reply to Discussion" box at the bottom of the page, NOT the "+ Add" button at the top of the page. (Otherwise your artwork will not show up in this thread.)

If you want to comment on someone's submission please do so here.

I can't wait to see how you interpret this - painting, drawing, collage etc... so many opportunities for all. 

Jane......xx

Views: 283

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had the same problem...lack of patience.  At Buffalo State we had to pick an artist to study, so I picked Vincent Van Gogh.  I painted in his style, with lots of paint and movement and excitement.  I went through several brushes in each painting.  When I worked in watercolors, I painted thickly as in oils or acrylics.  I had to slow myself down to do justice to my watercolors.  I could teach the kids in my art classes how to watercolor, even though I "couldn't do it" myself.  I really like your barrel of apples.

linda sanford said:

Hi Felicia

My one and only watercolor is on my site.  It is a barrel of apples. I work mostly in acrylics.  I need to develop more patience for watercolour.

Hi Felicia.  Thanks for getting back to me.  Picking an artist as a mentor to follow is a great idea. I'll definitely try it. Keep in touch. Linda

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service