Post your finished Abstract Art here for Show & Tell!

Your work can be any size, any medium, as long as it is abstract and as long as it is finished.  There will be a separate thread for works-in-progress, if you want feedback on a piece before it is finished.

Please check out the Show & Tell Guidelines before posting here.

Be sure to do all of the things below if you are posting your work:

• Show us your artwork - 1 artwork per post. (Click here to learn how to add an image to your forum post.)
  • Tell us about it (medium, size, techniques, and what inspired the piece).
  • Tell us whether you welcome critique. You can type something like "Comments and feedback welcome" to indicate that you are interested in receiving constructive criticism that may help broaden your art skills. If you have specific questions about certain aspects of your piece, please ask in your initial post, because it will help other members hone in on the areas where you want feedback.

You may also comment on other people's artwork, but remember to keep it friendly and constructive.  If you like a piece, please explain why.

Can't wait to see your abstract art!  :)

Views: 4354

Replies to This Discussion

Here is one more called "Fly"  I'll post more later- I sort of went wild with this theme-oh well   :D

Really beautiful Grace, I think it has quite a soft effect
Both Shweta and Grace, fantastic pieces of art!
Those pieces are all so cool, they are a delight to look at

helllo shweta, i think your picture is lovely. it's well-balanced and you have nice space there, to let in the light. beautiful flowing form, quite ethereal; my kind of art, yes, delicate, yet a strong piece; it shows confidence, patience, good use of restraint. that is something i need to have. a lot more restraint. well done shweta, and thank you for having the courage to share your art.

shweta rao said:

hi just finished this one!!! abstract butterflies....was fun making these !! wat do you think?

Monica Havasi said:

love it very much.

Sue O'Sullivan said:

Hi, this is my first abstract painting which I have done using acrylics. My problem was deciding when it was finished??  

My inspiration, as so often, is the sea so I think I shall just call it Waves.

I would appreciate any feedback.

it's fabulous. the sea, is it? it feels like the ocean very nice colours. 

hi my first abstract acrylic on canvas. i think there is a bird there, and a tree. what do you think" feedback and comments very welcome.

Here is mixed media drawing I call 5 shades of blue. It's made from India Ink pen and water color pencil. Why I made this was because on the 9th I closed my eyes and saw this image for a split second, and decided to put the idea on to paper. It's on a sheet of 8.5 x 11 multipurpose paper.

Comments and feedback welcome

Wow ! I really like how the cloud like tree in the upper left corner looks like. 

michele josiane martin said:

hi my first abstract acrylic on canvas. i think there is a bird there, and a tree. what do you think" feedback and comments very welcome.

Title: Something on my mind YUPO synthetic paper, Alcohol inks and Gouche. Finding Yupo paper to be an amazing surface to create abstract art.

This design is made from food coloring and pen.

I apply the colors first.  The pattern of the colors becomes the guide/inspiration for the pen.

After the colors, but before the pen, the paper is cut into smaller pieces.  I like working small scale.  This one is ATC size (2 ½ inches by 3 ½ inches).  I am not active in trading cards anymore (too heavily dominated by collage for me) but I still enjoy working with that size.  I play around with other sizes too, but I mostly do small pieces.   

Need to start working on my new project soon and trying to get ideas of using different types of texture in my abstracts. I have molding paste, gesso, sand, gravel, wire, string, various types of palette knives and brushes, any suggestions for techniques or effects?  

Here is a small painting I finished around the holiday using molding paste and acrylic paint on gallery canvas.

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service