Hi  Everyone

I need lots of advice and hints please.

I am drawing a long glass vase\jug that will have water and the stems of flowers ın .

Im not quıte sure how to create the transparency......

Thanks in advance

Karen

Views: 150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Kari, hopefully someone will be able to help you, I can't...lol...

how to paint rose and glass by Mingming a YouTube 3-part tutorial may lead you the way with clues kari



Pat said:

Hi Kari, hopefully someone will be able to help you, I can't...lol...

Thanks Pat :]



Carole M. said:

how to paint rose and glass by Mingming a YouTube 3-part tutorial may lead you the way with clues kari

Thanks Carole

I will have a wee look just now .

Thanks for sharing Carole.

Carole M. said:

how to paint rose and glass by Mingming a YouTube 3-part tutorial may lead you the way with clues kari

You may have already found out how to do this.  Anyway, I found an article a long while ago which said  to just put the outline of the glass container down, paint in everything else : background, water, table or support, flowers and stems, then work on the container.  Just make sure the everything in the water is somewhat loose and wavy.  It works.  Not meaning to be presumptuous.

I would paint the background, then just suggest the outline of the vase and water level with a thin tinted white. Add some highlights too, no need to paint the whole vase. Possibly might need to wait until the background is dry.

Thanks Judith and Glen , its always great to learn new ideas , it turned out OK , just nit great , ill try again :)

Hi,

The thing about painting transparencies (including liquids) is mostly to concentrate on values and colors. Look at the object as if it's not 3 dimensional, try to see the colors (however improbable they sometimes seem to be) as if looking at a flat photo. And you may want to have a look at Thaneeya McArdle's site, especially her advices on photorealistic painting.

Your answer is the best one I've seen .  You're right the values and color are the way to go.  Makes it all 3D 
S. Birol Akmeric said:

Hi,

The thing about painting transparencies (including liquids) is mostly to concentrate on values and colors. Look at the object as if it's not 3 dimensional, try to see the colors (however improbable they sometimes seem to be) as if looking at a flat photo. And you may want to have a look at Thaneeya McArdle's site, especially her advices on photorealistic painting.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

 

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

 

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service