I am having problems with uploading my profile picture and my artwork. Does it always take a long time. It doesn't seem to be working but there is no bar that shows the process so maybe I am just being impatient? Please help.

Views: 177

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Internet explorer is so bugged up I really don't know why people use it. I use Firefox too, and am also into computers in a big way, so I couldn't really understand what the other members problems were; now I do...IE9!

Thaneeya McArdle said:

Hi everyone,

I've heard back from Support and it sounds like this is likely a browser issue, since it is only a problem for certain members.  In particular they mentioned: "We've found that some installations of Internet Explorer 9 aren't able to handle the Image Upload feature on Ning Networks. We are working on a fix, but for now I'd suggest giving Firefox (getfirefox.com) a try. That should give your members better results."

I'm on Firefox and I haven't had any problems with the site.  What browsers are you guys using?  Does the image upload function work if you use a different browser?

Thank you Thaneeya. I'll download Firefox. I think I'm a creature of habit. I've gotten used to Internet Explorer. It is time for a change.
It took me a while to figure it out...but you have to go to the bottom of the page and click save before it will upload.
Hi,I loaded three ink art works in the forum for pen and ink show and tell, they came up realy big they have taken up all the page. Is there any way of reducing them. thanks.

Hi Christine,

I just took a look at those images (I like your drawings very much, by the way) and it's fine that they fill the page that way.  But, if you still feel that you'd like them to display at a smaller size, it's pretty easy to do.  Go to the discussion where you posted the images, and select Edit Discussion from the Options drop down menu (upper right of your screen just below the paintbrush header).  After you get the discussion open in edit mode, click on the image you want to change and then select the edit option that appears at the bottom of the image frame.  You can change the width of the image in the resulting dialog box.  You can also change the image width when you upload an image.

Hope that helps!

Donna

Thank you Donna it is done YAAAA.there is one other questoin I hope you dont mind, do I have to activate the leave  comment wall  that is at the bottom of the my page.

Thanks for your reply Donna, I did receive the welcome to the site but I think I erased  it accidently when I was clicking on things to see what they were for, I am laughing at my self at the moment, my lack of computing skills is astounding but I am determent to learn. thanks.

Wayne Llewellyn said:

Click on ADD ART, then UPLOAD IMAGE. Choose your image and then click up-load. When it is done you should see its name at the top, it is then you should be able to add a title and description...DONE! I hope this helped.

Brian G Strange said:

well-not exactly what happens - theres a  +ADD button - is that what you meant ?  I tried it ... I get another page with the same 5 previous pictures from the 1st portfolio I created ... it is located in a large box on the left .. the pictures I cant remove by dragging them away as tutored , so i am stuck . If I click on the NEW 2nd portfolio and try +add , doesnt work. If I try to drag 1 picture or even 5 , I get a large blown up sample of the pic. ... lol - Do you understand what I'm getting at ? Or is it maybe only one portfolio is allowed per person ?

Wayne Llewellyn said:

Click on ADD ART, then UPLOAD IMAGE. Choose your image and then click up-load. When it is done you should see its name at the top, it is then you should be able to add a title and description...DONE! I hope this helped.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service