Hi all, I am new to the Art Colony, and new to the world of art period.  I am 68 years young and am just now taking my first art class, a watercolor class and I am loving it. I am not very good but I am learning! I would love to hear from other folks learning watercolor.

Views: 315

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am working on Gouchae. I love watercolors so very much! 

Gouchae is interesting,I barely know much about it.  You are a young and beautiful girl, have you been doing watercolor for long?

Hi Diana! My name is Linda and I love painting with watercolors too! I'm a beginner, a student of the net so to speak. I've been tinkering with all my art for a little over a year now. I don't really know what I'm doing but I'm doing it. LOL! I would love to see your work. Perhaps you can give me some pointers.

Hi Diana!   I just found this site, after having joined it a year ago!   I go lost in the shuffle and just got an email from them today.   I am beyond excited because in the last few months I have discovered watercolors.   Oh, I knew about watercolors and had a whole packing box full of supplies (I like supplies) but, never got serious about actually painting subjects till now.  Looking forward to fixing up my site to introduce myself and my work and to learning all the ins and outs of this fantastic place!    I have many interests, none of which I am spectacular at, and I feel at home here with all levels of talent.  See you online soon.

 

Hi, I've been doing watercolors since the beginning of the year and have posted a few. I would love might to talk about painting, favorite styles and things you've learned along with favorite paints and tools. I would appreciate any feedback on my art you may have.

Hi there Judy thanks for writing me. I am glad to hear from another person who loves supplies I do to I love "the set up..so to speak" if I had the money I would no doubt buy one of everything lol.  I got my little art spot all set up in my basement and I love it ,I put a picture of it on here but not sure how to tell you how to see it.  I too have lots of interests, I knit, crochet, read, and paint rocks for all my family every year for Easter and there are 55 of them, that keeps me busy. I also am trying to rebuild my health and build a "Youngevity Business at the same time. I was laid off from my job almost 3 years ago.  One year ago I started a watercolor class at our senior center, scared to death, it is my first art class of any kind, and I am loving it. Have you had any formal training?  Keep in touch, ok? have to run, nice to hear from you
 
Judy Schaffer Firneno said:

Hi Diana!   I just found this site, after having joined it a year ago!   I go lost in the shuffle and just got an email from them today.   I am beyond excited because in the last few months I have discovered watercolors.   Oh, I knew about watercolors and had a whole packing box full of supplies (I like supplies) but, never got serious about actually painting subjects till now.  Looking forward to fixing up my site to introduce myself and my work and to learning all the ins and outs of this fantastic place!    I have many interests, none of which I am spectacular at, and I feel at home here with all levels of talent.  See you online soon.

 

Hi Paula, thanks for writing.  It has just been a year now since I started too,  Watercolor isn't easy to learn for me at least but it is coming.  I take a class at our senior center and our teacher is real good so I hope  to turn out some nice work soon.  I like the style of "realism" how about you?  My teacher has had us start out with Grombaucher paints,she hasn't wanted us to go crazy with supplies till we are sure we are going to like it..   Well tell me about your self
 
Paula White said:

Hi, I've been doing watercolors since the beginning of the year and have posted a few. I would love might to talk about painting, favorite styles and things you've learned along with favorite paints and tools. I would appreciate any feedback on my art you may have.


Hey Diana.   Try and figure out how I can see your "little spot of heaven" in your basement.  In a couple of months we will be moving into a new house, that is being built right now.   So, here I go again.   New place, new plan.  Now, this one has an attic, and here in Texas I could get a few months of comfortable weather to set up a studio up there.  Have to think about it. ...   TeeHee, just thinking how we are alike with the supplies thingie.  And now I have a new addiction.  On line shopping at Cheap Joes and OOODLES of internet sites about Watercolour techniques and supplies.   I must have been fun to raise.  I am so curious and get way to many things going on at one time.   Hard to nail me down :)  My Dear Husband is so easy going, so he buries his head in a book or watches golf while I disappear into my own little world.  ....  You mentioned that you are building your health back up.   Hope it is nothing that will hold you back for long.  Good wishes being sent your way :)  ,,,  I have had basic training, so to speak, at the Art Institute of Chicago.   I took it right after High School, so  you know how old those methods are.   But you know,  some things never change and I still refer to my text books.  A few classes here and there, but as I stated before.  Very short attention span,  never finished any of them.  ....  Tell me about rock painting.  Quite a few on site do it, so it must have a history!   Could you fill me in. ....   I have rambled on enough.  I am just so excited to have found y'all......   Write back when you have time.  xoxox

 


Diana Colt said:

Hi there Judy thanks for writing me. I am glad to hear from another person who loves supplies I do to I love "the set up..so to speak" if I had the money I would no doubt buy one of everything lol.  I got my little art spot all set up in my basement and I love it ,I put a picture of it on here but not sure how to tell you how to see it.  I too have lots of interests, I knit, crochet, read, and paint rocks for all my family every year for Easter and there are 55 of them, that keeps me busy. I also am trying to rebuild my health and build a "Youngevity Business at the same time. I was laid off from my job almost 3 years ago.  One year ago I started a watercolor class at our senior center, scared to death, it is my first art class of any kind, and I am loving it. Have you had any formal training?  Keep in touch, ok? have to run, nice to hear from you
 
Judy Schaffer Firneno said:

Hi Diana!   I just found this site, after having joined it a year ago!   I go lost in the shuffle and just got an email from them today.   I am beyond excited because in the last few months I have discovered watercolors.   Oh, I knew about watercolors and had a whole packing box full of supplies (I like supplies) but, never got serious about actually painting subjects till now.  Looking forward to fixing up my site to introduce myself and my work and to learning all the ins and outs of this fantastic place!    I have many interests, none of which I am spectacular at, and I feel at home here with all levels of talent.  See you online soon.

 


Fiund it! I replied more fully in a message.
Diana Colt said:

Hi Paula, thanks for writing.  It has just been a year now since I started too,  Watercolor isn't easy to learn for me at least but it is coming.  I take a class at our senior center and our teacher is real good so I hope  to turn out some nice work soon.  I like the style of "realism" how about you?  My teacher has had us start out with Grombaucher paints,she hasn't wanted us to go crazy with supplies till we are sure we are going to like it..   Well tell me about your self
 
Paula White said:

Hi, I've been doing watercolors since the beginning of the year and have posted a few. I would love might to talk about painting, favorite styles and things you've learned along with favorite paints and tools. I would appreciate any feedback on my art you may have.

Hi Paula-- I wasn't aware you're also new to the art world--you  REALLY seem like you know what you're doing :) I absolutely love how watercolour paintings look---so soft! My sister (Kathleen) has tried to show me how to do it-- but I found I couldn't control it (art is the ONLY thing I feel I have control over in my life. Does that make sense??) I wish t could find an art class around here-- I've tried -- but my town, and the surrounding ones are too small. Anyway your work is beautiful!! 

U-Tube is great for tutorialsxx

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

 

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

 

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service