Hi all

I hope I can finish this one today, but I need to paint my first cow in the foreground! Also to come are some people and maybe a tractor. The distant fields could become lavender fields. I've scraped the foreground off as I didn't like it.

Views: 69

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm ahead of myself with the cows ... because the huge tree - if moved behind or next to the house would work better than having everything ... freestanding.

Where is your light source? The tree shadows need attention. They are blocking the light so the color of the grass would be grayed somewhat and would not have the same color saturation as the trees. Shadows are needed for the building and fence. If your light source is filtered through the clouds, the shadows would be less intense.

Nice work though.

Hi Glen,   You have the makings of a good landscape painting.   However, at the moment the house and the trees are vying for my attention and my eye is bouncing between the trees and the house.   Have you thought about placing the trees a little to the right as you look at the painting therefore on the third.   The house looks to be slightly out of proportion to the trees perhaps it could be made larger.  This being said these are just my thoughts and in the end the decision is yours.  Whether you need to put the tractor, cows and lavender is your choice but remember sometimes less is more when painting.

Regards,

Dorothy

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service