Ok, so the hubby bought a pad of Yupo paper for me to use with the Ranger inks I've been playing with. I would really like for a few of you to hold my hand and walk me through using them---lots of tips. I haven't felt successful at all with the inks and I love what I see others do with them. I've watched several of Holtz's videos but alas, still no bueno =(  HELP!!!

Views: 366

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Also, just play with the inks. Use a straw to blow the inks around, spray alcohol on the inks, etc. My profile pic is alcohol inks. I love them. Very unpredictable tho, which I find exciting.

Thanks Amy,,I looked them up...when I get my paper I'm going to give it another try...

Thanks! Wish me luck, I'm going to make a stab at it and hopefully be a little more successful!

Hi! Stacy:  I have used the Ranger Alcohol Inks on Yupo paper as a background and painted over with acrylic. I let the inks dry for a day or two and used Spectra Fix (a non-aerosol fixative) I then added my poppies with acrylic.  Worked very well.  I used an Article by Kathi Hansen that was published in a Paintworks magazine.  I was really pleased with the results. Check out Kathi's website.  Hope this helps.  Alexandra.

Stacy Woolsey said:

Thanks Pat. I'm sure there's someone out there that can help you and I both with these inks. Somebody? Anybody?????

Thanks Alexandra, I'll try to check that out this weekend!

I ended up with ink all over my hand somehow, it looked like I had chopped off a finger or something LOL It did have an interesting look to it though. I used it to decorate a couple Easter egg atcs I was working on.

Amy Edwards said:

Also, just play with the inks. Use a straw to blow the inks around, spray alcohol on the inks, etc. My profile pic is alcohol inks. I love them. Very unpredictable tho, which I find exciting.

Sounds like a mess Stacy....lol.....I'm going to try this weekend I received the paper.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service