In the three attachments: the first image is 1977 " ESTUARIES" It is made from Berol Prismacolor Pencils. I created the original image in '77 but intensified the colors in 2014.

The second image is 1979 "COSMIC CATHEDRAL" 18" X 18"  - It is needlepoint on plastic "canvas" (One of 8 same-size images, plus two 18" X 36" images).

And the third is 2013 "REYNARD" 11" X 14" - It is also Berol Prismacolor Pencils on paper.

With most of my abstracts ( of all persuasions ), I start in a corner with a color and make the rest up as I go along.

With my 2013-14 spurt of artistic energy ( "Reynard, et al. ), I created 85 drawings, using a ruler, a compass and a protractor. No plan, just drawing lines and curves. But I never know what the final image will be until I begin coloring in the spaces.

You can view almost all my work at my Face Book site: https://www.facebook.com/paul.a.roth1/photos_albums (though you may have to send a "Friend Request" first. They are in several photo albums according to material used. For those unfamiliar with Face Book: click on my PHOTOS icon link.

Views: 76

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Interesting methodology. I really like Reynard.

Welcome, Paul. I want to look at your attached art, but I don't see any attachments to open. I always just click on images button to upload and share. I'll have a look at your link.

Hi Aimeslee,

Don't know what happened...the attachments showed up when I posted it.??? They were at the bottom of the post.

Aimeslee Winans said:

Welcome, Paul. I want to look at your attached art, but I don't see any attachments to open. I always just click on images button to upload and share. I'll have a look at your link.

Thanks you, Susan,

Out of the 85 images, I could add names to several of them. 

Please try to check out my Face Book link. I have all of them posted there...plus almost all of my other artworks as well.

Paul

Susan Westover said:

Interesting methodology. I really like Reynard.

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service