On rare occasion I am privileged to do a private swap with a member here at TAC.  I have swapped journal pages now in private trades with Maureen Craddock and Riya Melgert.  Recently, I received this beautiful journal page from Riya and on the back she has explained her process in detail.  

It's a lovely page called, "You Are What You Think." Of course when I saw it the interpretation was different and at first glance of the images, I thought it was about embracing or dancing with your inner child. It's just lovely and I will be adding it to my growing collection of journal pages from around the world. Thank you Riya!  

I finished my journal page for Riya yesterday and will be sending it off shortly. I will post my page here once she receives it.

Views: 285

Replies to This Discussion

Linda B said:

Laura, I couldn't get that link to work...but I did find your Utube entries.....neat!!

When you 'alter' the book, how do you get the pages to be so stiff? I usually glue 3 pages together, coat both sides of those with a heavy, secret recipe glue I have made up, and it makes the pages pretty stiff...

ooooooooooo my~~~secret glue recipe???  Can'tcha share????? :-)s

Laura Shelton said:

Linda B said:

Laura, I couldn't get that link to work...but I did find your Utube entries.....neat!!

When you 'alter' the book, how do you get the pages to be so stiff? I usually glue 3 pages together, coat both sides of those with a heavy, secret recipe glue I have made up, and it makes the pages pretty stiff...

Hi Laura (and Susanne) I just stumbled over this topic, wasn't online for a long time and never read this topic. I so remember the 'Discovering Myself' course you had, not even an hour ago I had a flipthrough through that journal and the 'Alter me Silly' altered book. I would love to do more in the altering book, I really loved it. The 'hot summer' is over, but with the shorter, darker and colder days coming, it would be great to pick up these two journals again.

I know that with the altered book, you where up to teach us found poetry, it all went the other way. I would love it to start that course again, I loved the pages you had shown, and would love to learn how to create 'found poetry' .

Hugs and lots of love, Riya

Laura Shelton said:

Would anyone be interested in  FREE, no stress set of classes on different things like art journaling and journal prompts, and a few other things? I could easily get us through a hot summer with something fun to do inside in the cool!

Laura Shelton said:

I have taught art journaling, another class about dealing with different emotions, both good and bad, as well as one called "Discovering Myself", where art and creative writing are combined...they were all a blast.....wonder if anyone would be interested in an actual class setting...and the proce would be right...I would do any or all for FREEEEEEEEEE!!!!! lol.....but don't say yes unless you truly feel that way..you won't hurt my feelings...I have also taught altered books, another mini class on adding poetry or found text to your artwork, and some other classes as well....

Susanne Skene said:

Hello Sharon, i am excited to see what you think of art journaling. It really is relaxing. I like the no rules part the best and that your free to express yourself much the same as you would in a written diary. I know there are some free lessons on the Internet with regards to journaling techniques. I'll see if I can find the link and get back to you. Meanwhile, go and play with some paint. :)

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service