***Closed*** In the Style of.....Marc Chagall atc swap*******

I hope everyone is ready to return to a study of the Masters. We had so much fun with this last time and everyones' work was amazing. I've got a list started of favorites on our Swap Art page so if there is someone you are interested in, feel free to add their name below and I'll throw it in the pot as well. I thought we could start off with someone a little fun to get our creative juices going.... Marc Chagall

Marc Chagall was a Russian born artist who created numerous works of art that incorporated dreamlike images and symbols to describe experiences or follow themes from his childhood. Some of his artworks are lighthearted and fanciful and refer to a much simpler life in the Russian village he grew up in, while other works have a much more serious tone referring to the persecution of the Jewish people and the terrors of war.

I personally prefer his more lighthearted works like Dream Village . It happens to be one my UIL team is studying this year. It has a beautiful vase of flowers in the center but when you look at the blue areas around it, you see a cow playing a fiddle, lovers etc that look “dreamlike". Please sign up below if you are interested =)

We will make 2 regulation size atcs each for 2 partners(4 total)

Sign up deadline is December 4. They should be posted no later than January 6. I know that is a long time but because of the holidays I know some of us will be a bit busier than usual =)

http://www.biography.com/people/marc-chagall-9243488#synopsis

1. Elaine Sobey-Bill Linthwaite, Sharon Oppenheimer
  2. Sharon Oppenheimer-Elaine Sobey, Stacy Woolsey
  3. Bill Linthwaite-Stacy Woolsey, Elaine Sobey
  4. Stacy Woolsey-Sharon Oppenheimer, Bill Linthwaite

Views: 270

Replies to This Discussion

They made it!!!! Thank you Bill! I love them! They are beautiful and so worth the wait =) He seems to have had a fascination with chickens and cows!

Wonderful  !!  Bill !!

Stacy Woolsey said:

They made it!!!! Thank you Bill! I love them! They are beautiful and so worth the wait =) He seems to have had a fascination with chickens and cows!

Thanks Stacy, so glad they finally got there!
Thank you, Sharon, encouragement always welcome!

sharon oppenheimer said:

Wonderful  !!  Bill !!

Stacy Woolsey said:

Wonderful Chagall Art cards by all .

Bill I was wondering if you received mine yet. I sent them the same day as I sent Sharons so you should have them by now if not _they must be lost _ if you have not received yet let me know and  I will get busy and make some replacements. Cheers

Hi Elaine, I have to apologize, they came weeks ago and we were in the middle of installing floors. Long story, but after three tries and bad materials the first two tries, we now have the floors in and are happy campers. Your cards came in the middle of the first or second install attempt, when the furniture was all out on the porch or in the garage. They got placed in a drawer for safe keeping and today was when I took them out. Thank you for the reminder, or who knows when I would have uncovered them. I would have been more considerate if I had shot you a quick note when they came. I'm sorry.

You captured the Chagall perfectly and I love them. They are beautiful! thank you so much for the extra goodies, too.

Bill

So glad they arrived_ No apologies needed Bill. Life happens and gets in the way sometimes. I have had a few in the past go missing so was just wanting to check....  Sounds like you had quite an adventure with your floor. Good to have it complete though I am sure. Cheers _Elaine

Thanks for understanding.

Elaine Sobey said:

So glad they arrived_ No apologies needed Bill. Life happens and gets in the way sometimes. I have had a few in the past go missing so was just wanting to check....  Sounds like you had quite an adventure with your floor. Good to have it complete though I am sure. Cheers _Elaine

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service