Piet Mondrian was a Dutch painter influenced by fellow countryman and artist, Vincent van Gogh. He began as an Expressionist but during WWI began studying the theories of Cubist painting and the absolute properties of artistic order. This eventually led him to the abstract style he is known for today…two dimensional geometric designs created from straight lines, rectangles, and simplistic colors-black, white and the primaries. The designs of line and color create areas that are so well balanced that no space is more important than the other and the viewer’s eye is pulled equally to each area. The tension created by the lines and rectangles reaches the very edge of the canvas which also illustrates the perfect balance of his paintings. His work was the foundation for the De Stijl movement of pure abstraction.

Create 2 regulation size atcs each for two partners(total 4 atcs) based on the style of Piet Mondrian. Sign up deadline is March 17, 2017  Partners will be posted March 20 and Atcs should be mailed by April 7, 2017

http://www.theartstory.org/artist-mondrian-piet.htm

http://www.piet-mondrian.org/

**Please leave your full mailing address as it should be printed on your envelope at the time you sign up for this swap . If your mailing address is private, please list it as such and make sure you share it with your swap partners once they are posted.

If for any reason you may be late mailing your swap please notify your partner beforehand.

1. Bill-Sharon,Dabau
  2. Elaine-Sharon, Alicia
  3. Stacy-Christine,Alicia
  4. Sharon-Bill, Christine
  5. Christine-Bill, Lisa
  6. Lisa-Elaine, Theresa
  7. Theresa-Elaine, Lisa
  8. Dabau-Stacy,Theresa
  9. Alicia (A-Marie)-Stacy, Dabau

Views: 371

Replies to This Discussion

Lisa _ I just noticed today ( not very observant these days LOL ) _ your Mondrian work on the envelop too. Loved it !!
Elaine Sobey said:

Here are the lovely creative Mondrian inspired cards I received today from Lisa Hamilton. Love them Lisa _Sorry the color is a little off in the photo. In reality the colours on the cards are much more vibrant Red , Yellow and Blue . Thank you also for all the other goodies you included. They will be fun to work with.

I received these lovely Mondrian style cards today from Theresa .  Great detail Theresa . Thanks for all the extras too. will have fun using these . 

Thank you Bill, love the Mondrians, will post a pic over the next few days

These are Bill's 'in the style of Mondrian', very cool, love the shading, :)

Thank you for the extra two, much appreciated.

Here are Bills masterpieces. Thank you so much Bill for the extra two. Just love them !

These beauties are from Elaine. Love the strong colors and the delicate brush strokes of the tree. Beautifully done !! Thank you,Elaine for the lovely card and extras. xx

Glad they arrived Sharon _ Thanks or Posting. Detail is not my strength so it was much more fun to follow his style in the tree than in his later work.  

Some great paintings here _ Everone did a wonderful job on capturing his style. 

sharon oppenheimer said:

These beauties are from Elaine. Love the strong colors and the delicate brush strokes of the tree. Beautifully done !! Thank you,Elaine for the lovely card and extras. xx

Our next artist to cover will be Ted DeGrazia if you want to get a head start. I'll post when I get a chance to write it up, but that probably won't be for at least a couple weeks. Have fun!!!!

Ohhhh, A new artist to discover. I have never heard of this artist and just love discovering new ones. Very excited ! Thanks, Stacy !! xx

Stacy Woolsey said:

Our next artist to cover will be Ted DeGrazia if you want to get a head start. I'll post when I get a chance to write it up, but that probably won't be for at least a couple weeks. Have fun!!!!

These Mondrians and sweet extra cards were made by Dabau. Beautiful job as usual! I loved the way she used a map for a background! Great job on balancing the shapes and colors as well. I think Mondrian would be proud =) 

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service