I'm baaaack!  LOL I used to collect stamps when I was a kid and I remember some stamps were created as part of a larger piece of artwork. As I was finishing up a couple atcs the other night my eyes kept getting pulled to some foreign postage stamps on my table. Next thing I knew I had one glued to an atc card and was doodling all around it. My son thought it was pretty cool and I've been wanting to get back into the game here soooooo........How about a postage stamp atc swap?!?  

Use a previously used postage stamp as the theme for your regulation size atc...ex. if your stamp is of someone's head- finish drawing their body the way you think it should look like, if it is a flower - put in in a vase or landscape, a bird - put it in a tree or on a pirate's shoulder, etc...make it real, make it fantastical. Have fun with it.

Each person will have 2 partners and make two atcs for each (total 4 cards).If this is your first time to swap please check out our rules and regulations regarding ATC swaps at  http://community.art-is-fun.com/group/atcs/page/how-to-participate- Sign up deadline is April 1 and partners will be posted April 4.  Atcs need to be mailed no later than May 2.

Please make sure to supply your address to your swap partner if it is private.

Here are a few to look at:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/399553798169103485/

http://whatisanartisttradingcard.blogspot.com/2012/05/three-postage...

Your swap partners are listed in red. You will send your ATCs to the people listed in red following your name. ex I will send 2 cards to Theresa and two cards to Tracy.

1.  Stacy Woolsey-Theresa, Tracy
  2. Theresa Graeve-Tracy, Kathleen
  3. Tracy Files- Kathleen, Marion
  4. Kathleen Meighan- Marion, Diane
  5. Marion Kaye- Diane, Bonniediva
  6.  Diane E Edgar- Bonnidiva, Jade
  7. Bonniediva- Jade, Ash
  8. Jade Hutchinson- Ash, Bill
  9. Ash-Bill, Elaine
  10. Bill Linthwaite- Elaine, Stacy
  11. Elaine Sobey-Stacy, Theresa

Views: 929

Replies to This Discussion

Stacy and Theresa _ Just wondering if you received your ATCs from me yet. Am starting to get worried that they may have gotten lost. If you do not have them by now I will get busy and re do some ....If you could let me know either way ...

Elaine had received hers... M worried too if Bill got mine.... I dont understand how the snail mail works now internationally... But if it has gone amiss then I may have to work on another sooner....  :(

Yes! I most certainly did and they are perfect! I'm sorry I haven't answered sooner. With all the rain we've had I've had a hard time keeping the internet up. My son came and worked on my scanner and got it back on line and before I could get anything scanned the power went out so many times it is not working again! The rains have finally stopped now so hopefully I won't have anymore internet issues for a while. I love that you and Bill both went for an ocean scene on one!

Elaine Sobey said:

Stacy and Theresa _ Just wondering if you received your ATCs from me yet. Am starting to get worried that they may have gotten lost. If you do not have them by now I will get busy and re do some ....If you could let me know either way ...

Thanks for reply Stacy _ Don't worry at all about posting _ Just glad that they arrived. Technology is wonderful but not fun when it goes awray. Take care and stay dry :-)

Stacy Woolsey said:

Yes! I most certainly did and they are perfect! I'm sorry I haven't answered sooner. With all the rain we've had I've had a hard time keeping the internet up. My son came and worked on my scanner and got it back on line and before I could get anything scanned the power went out so many times it is not working again! The rains have finally stopped now so hopefully I won't have anymore internet issues for a while. I love that you and Bill both went for an ocean scene on one!

Elaine Sobey said:

Sorry BONNIE & JADE....

for not having been able to do my do's on time... Had been bz setting up my new home & still working towards setting up my craft room... Hoping it all sets up sooner...

However with this lil time now that am back home away from my new home & responsibilities.... I made sure I ought to complete things I have not... So beginning from thanking the creator of these wonderful ATCs I received from... 

First is a set I received from Bonnie Diva 

Second is a set I received from Jade Hutchinson

I loved this first trade of ATCs after long & hoping I cud continue trading too.... So thanks a bunch for this awesome opportunity to get back to life... (((Hugs)))

OMG!

Stacy, mixed up... yes i am... but I did not delay on sending out my ATCs committed for the trade... I knew Elaine got mine & had even messaged in this comment section asking if Bill had received it unaware of how long it took for snail mails to be mailed to USA from India.... I really hope she has received my trade... Touch Wood!

Stacy Woolsey said:

Ash, it sounds like you may be a little mixed up. You should be sending yours are to Bill and Elaine. Please let them know as soon as you are able to mail them so they know when to expect them. I hope your move finishes up smoothly!

Ash said:

Sorry BONNIE & JADE....

for not having been able to do my do's on time... Had been bz setting up my new home & still working towards setting up my craft room... Hoping it all sets up sooner...

However with this lil time now that am back home away from my new home & responsibilities.... I made sure I ought to complete things I have not... So beginning from thanking the creator of these wonderful ATCs I received from... 

I loved this first trade of ATCs after long & hoping I cud continue trading too.... So thanks a bunch for this awesome opportunity to get back to life... (((Hugs)))

LOL I was confused too! When I read your message and then found that you had already mailed to them in an earlier message =) Whew!!!  Snail mail can be trying. I've had things lost, torn, opened and returned to me. It's worse if it is international. I've learned to tape the edges of my envelopes so they don't tear as easy and put little extras in baggies to keep them from falling out....and no more metal pieces unless I mail inside the US. Live and Learn =)

Ash said:

OMG!

Stacy, mixed up... yes i am... but I did not delay on sending out my ATCs committed for the trade... I knew Elaine got mine & had even messaged in this comment section asking if Bill had received it unaware of how long it took for snail mails to be mailed to USA from India.... I really hope she has received my trade... Touch Wood!

Stacy Woolsey said:

Ash, it sounds like you may be a little mixed up. You should be sending yours are to Bill and Elaine. Please let them know as soon as you are able to mail them so they know when to expect them. I hope your move finishes up smoothly!

Ash said:

Sorry BONNIE & JADE....

:) It's a relief when u hear from your partner & I had delayed in it... & me in turn too heard from Elaine she had received it but did not hear from Bill if she did or not... If she did not I may have to send another again... So hoping if u cud msg her or ask her by some means convenient to u to clear d air.... Thank You Sweets!

Stacy Woolsey said:

LOL I was confused too! When I read your message and then found that you had already mailed to them in an earlier message =) Whew!!!  Snail mail can be trying. I've had things lost, torn, opened and returned to me. It's worse if it is international. I've learned to tape the edges of my envelopes so they don't tear as easy and put little extras in baggies to keep them from falling out....and no more metal pieces unless I mail inside the US. Live and Learn =)

Ash said:

OMG!

Stacy Woolsey said:

Ash said:

Sorry BONNIE & JADE....

My scanner seems to be working for the most part....at the moment...LOL  These are the atcs sent to me from Elaine and Bill. I love them! 

Amazing.

Very cool!

OK, here's a record, even for "snail mail"!!!

Ash mailed these two beautiful ATCs to me on April 22, 2016, and I just got them today! What a really nice surprise to get!

Thank you Ash, I really like them, beautifully done and well worth the wait!

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service