After weeks of following discussions on this site, researching for tips on painting with acrylics, I finally did it.  

Views: 343

Replies to This Discussion

Nice job Kim!

Love the contrast of the background and the poppy color. Very nice.
Mary Margaret

Thank you!

I like it!  I follow discussions off and on.  I've started a whimsical following Thanyeea's instructions.  So far I've only gotten base shapes.  Now I'm stuck.  So good for you finishing a project and showing everyone.

I like the contrast of the background and the poppy also.  :c)

This is so cute! Thank you for sharing with us :)

Thank you, everyone!  I knew I would enjoy painting once I got started, but lacked the confidence.  I can't wait to start my next painting. :0)

Very beautiful! Makes me feel happy when I look at it!  I think any good piece of art will evoke a strong feeling or emotion. Your painting makes me think of summery things: green grass and sunshine. Love the vibrant color! I also love how you produced a velvety soft looking texture on the petals.

I love the colors. You did a very nice job!

Thank you, Roberta!

roberta Wilson said:

I love the colors. You did a very nice job!

I think you did a great job. Very first....you will go far, fast.

Pat said:

How nice and thoughtful of you, Pat, to frame Kim's first picture.

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service