Hi, all.  Is there a way to revive these souffle pens?  Mine seem to have dried up, but I see ink in the 'stem'. Help! :-)s

Views: 130

Replies to This Discussion

Don't know the answer but am interested to hear if anyone has any advice.

I've never tried those pens, but with other pens, sometimes it helps to warm the writing tip in the flame of a candle or clean it good with rubbing alcohol.   I'm interested to see what works for you.  Please keep us posted =]

Pris, thanks.  I'm not big on using candles (afraid of burning the house down) - but the rubbing alcohol is worth a try!!  :-)s

Pris Hardy said:

I've never tried those pens, but with other pens, sometimes it helps to warm the writing tip in the flame of a candle or clean it good with rubbing alcohol.   I'm interested to see what works for you.  Please keep us posted =]

You could just light a match for a minute or use a lighter.  =]

:-)s

Pris Hardy said:

You could just light a match for a minute or use a lighter.  =]

I know how to revive them! ! Get one of those very soft white erasers a long thin stick or metal rod and an old towel. Remove the ink barrel from the pen hold upside down on the eraser and push it firmly thru the eraser Soooo that there's a plug in the barrel .. Take the stick and gently as slowly push the plug down the barrel until ink comes out of the pen tip. You'll have to practice a bit and don't push it to the ink or the top will fly out and create its own artwork all over you and your work surface. This is the only method I've found that works, but it's tricky. Good luck!

Oh my, Patti.  Thanks!  I had truly given up on getting any further suggestions on this.  Yours is rather ambitious, I must say.  I applaud you for such an approach.  Hummm - am I up for this idea>>>>Well, at least now I have a way to deal with this; I do  appreciate your response.

:-)s

It realy isn't hard or time consuming after you've done a few times. I have a rotary holepunch for leather to make my plugs. It's quick and it makes different sizes. I also make ten or fifteen at once and keep them in ziplock bags for jewelery findings , one size to a bag. I practiced on nearly empty and/or duplicate colors to get the hang of it! Lol. I hope you have great success , Linda , and rescue many gel pens!

Thanks for the encouragement, Patti!  :-)s

Patti Romo said:

It realy isn't hard or time consuming after you've done a few times. I have a rotary holepunch for leather to make my plugs. It's quick and it makes different sizes. I also make ten or fifteen at once and keep them in ziplock bags for jewelery findings , one size to a bag. I practiced on nearly empty and/or duplicate colors to get the hang of it! Lol. I hope you have great success , Linda , and rescue many gel pens!

Wipe the tip of the pen with a lint free cloth and then scribble on a scrap bit of paper. Store the pen upside down always. This works for me . I hope will work for you too.

I must say... this is a NEW ONE for me as well... LOL  I have only ever heard of the match deal with ANY pen issue.  And well, most pens end up in the trash.  LOL   no matter if you barely heat it or over heat.... it either just plain doesn't work or you melt the stupid pen!  HAHA.   THIS one, I will have to try.  I have to admit, I absolutely HATE gel pens.  I DO NOT buy them... will not ever waste money on them.  Think that they are a waste of money.  But that is my own personal opinion.  But some old friends of mine, who when they got into coloring a year ago, thought they had to try everything... tried the 150 prisma set well, didn't like colored pencils... barely used them, gave them to me.  ( ya, I hear you) and then... months later early spring, I inherited over 100 different gel pens as well.... not wanting to hurt their feelings, I accepted them.  Occasionally I use them as an accent on cards and such.  never in my books.  But I am sure some will in fact dry up and I will have to help the ink along!  So thank you!!   :)  Great tip.  I will put it in my tip book  which by the way.. if you haven't started creating, maybe you should!  LOL     oh, and btw.... I know for artist pens, they should always be stored on their sides.... it keeps them from drying out ( sakura and such.  it says in the manufacturing label)  so I store all mine that way, even markers.  Just a hint.

Patti Romo said:

I know how to revive them! ! Get one of those very soft white erasers a long thin stick or metal rod and an old towel. Remove the ink barrel from the pen hold upside down on the eraser and push it firmly thru the eraser Soooo that there's a plug in the barrel .. Take the stick and gently as slowly push the plug down the barrel until ink comes out of the pen tip. You'll have to practice a bit and don't push it to the ink or the top will fly out and create its own artwork all over you and your work surface. This is the only method I've found that works, but it's tricky. Good luck!

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service