Please ask questions or comment pertaining to a tutorial only. Thanks so much!

Views: 109

Replies to This Discussion

Hello, I just read the House tutorial and it's wonderful.  I have a quick, naive question, though.  What is marker paper?  I think the answer must be obvious, but I've never heard of it.  Thanks!

Sunny

It is paper specifically designed for markers...Hobby Lobby has some, and I am sure many companies make it - but I know for sure that copic makes a pad of paper specifically for markers.  Its slicker, and doesn't bleed through when you apply markers to the surface....also because of the slickness of the surface, it's easier to blend and move around the markers a bit. 

Sunny said:

Hello, I just read the House tutorial and it's wonderful.  I have a quick, naive question, though.  What is marker paper?  I think the answer must be obvious, but I've never heard of it.  Thanks!

Sunny

Hello Alisa and Sunny,     I was buying some markers at Hobby Lobby when I saw  this 11x5  Pen Sketcher's book.  It is from Bee Paper Company, Professional Series.   Said to beexcellent for pencil and pens and recommended for use with Prismacolor Illustration Markers.   I used it for a page that all kinds of markers on it.  I was actually testing our some new ones.   The illustration precision point markers did work.   But all others bled through.  I was disappointed, but now I have one more journal to play with!  I saw Copic there,  I'll go back and get that one.     Thanks.

Thanks Alisa for that information. I had no idea that type of paper existed!  Now I will be on the lookout.  

Judy, thanks for the info on that paper.  It sounds like one I can skip trying for this purpose.  I hope to get to Michael's or HobbyLobby this weekend!

Hi Gail,
I just wanted to say thank you so much for this excellent tutorial! I know it must have taken you a lot of time and effort; your steps are all so wonderfully detailed and thorough, even including sketches. This is a gigantic help to me, an artist wanna-be who gets overwhelmed by almost every art book I've purchased ... (and that's a lot -- amazon loves me).

This is the first tutorial I landed on; I look forward to perusing through them all. Is this board still active? (Eg, are new tutorials being added?). I am not one to present a tutorial, unless I'm allowed to share art exercises I love from outside sources (who I would give appropriate credit to). I'm thinking that might not be allowed though, in which case I'll just have to be okay with the idea that I'm being a mooch :-(.

Anyway, I really just wanted to express my appreciation and gratitude to you, for creating and sharing this tutorial. (I've been into drawing houses lately for some reason -- so this is perfect for me! Also doors and windows).

My best to you, Maureen

P.s. In case you're wondering who I am ... I'm (kind of) new here, although I signed up a few years ago when this site was just starting out. Due to illness I haven't been able to participate ... But I am not giving up hope. I love Thaneeya's artwork and her sharing spirit. I still receive her newsletters, which led me back here today.

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service