Sketches show & tell!

Your work can be any size, any medium, as long as it is a sketch and as long as it is finished.  As this is a sketching group there will not be a separate thread for works-in-progress.

Please check out the Show & Tell Guidelines before posting here.

Be sure to do all of the things below if you are posting your work:

• Show us your artwork - 1 artwork per post. (Click here to learn how to add an image to your forum post.)
  • Tell us about it (medium, size, techniques, and what inspired the piece).
  • Tell us whether you welcome critique. You can type something like "Comments and feedback welcome" to indicate that you are interested in receiving constructive criticism that may help broaden your art skills. If you have specific questions about certain aspects of your piece, please ask in your initial post, because it will help other members hone in on the areas where you want feedback.

You may also comment on other people's artwork, but remember to keep it friendly and constructive.  If you like a piece, please explain why.

Can't wait to see your sketches!

Views: 1764

Replies to This Discussion

Wow... everyone here sets the bar so high, it makes me happy we aren't competing! This is some sketchwork I did over the weekend trying to figure out how best to draw a campfire for an ATC set. The final sketches (the ones making it onto the cards) were my idea of a happy medium between the three.

The upper left campfire was done with a cheap old ball point pen (the kind businesses hand out for free), the one on bottom was me testing out a new Faber Castell sepia set, and the one to the right is done with Sakura Micron pens.

faantaastic lines pat! clean, good perspective, very nice work!

shell

Pat said:

Thank you Maria, I appreciate it very much.

Maria Lalala said:

wow got some good perspective! you're better than me haha! lol keep up the good work!!

Pat said:

This is my first real try at pencil ~ "Comments and feedback welcome"

nice!

daniel lamb said:

Original 9x12 inch graphite pencil drawing/sketch

Artwork Title: Angel on Rocks

Original artwork for sale at www.saatchionline.com/daniellamb

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Jane Miles 

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Members

© 2017   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service