General Art Room (465)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Applied Art GCSE help!

Hi, just this year i started my Applied Art GCSE, and i really want to get a good grade! I was wondering if anyone knew of any interesting…

Started by Lucie Collett

10 Nov 8, 2011
Reply by Alan Minshull

How to prepare canvas for Old Master Technique

I am an amateur artist with a deep regard for the old masters technique i.e. the indirect method. As you know, in this technique, multiple…

Started by Sourav Bose

8 Nov 7, 2011
Reply by Delmus Phelps

Question about Graphic design!

Next year, I am going to college and I want to be a graphic designer, If you know anything about it please give me tips and such! And do I…

Started by Skylar Tucker

1 Nov 6, 2011
Reply by Alan Minshull

Free Art Reference

A friend of mine sent me to a how-to site.This wonderful man, Bob Davies, has tutorials on acrylics, watercolors, pastels and a few video l…

Started by Dusty Gonterman-Clare

3 Nov 4, 2011
Reply by Dusty Gonterman-Clare

Oriental leather brush painting

Hi guys and guyesses A new bug has bitten me. I saw someone painting names with what looked like small sponges at a flea market. The style…

Started by Rusty Roestorf

2 Nov 1, 2011
Reply by Rusty Roestorf

colour theory

Hi all.....   Im looking into colour theory at the moment but seem to have hit a blank, does anyone out there know of any websites or books…

Started by gary smith

4 Oct 26, 2011
Reply by Vartkes Habeyan - Varto

River water

I am having some problems with river water that is very green.  I don't know how to get the shiny gleam of the water and need help with the…

Started by Terryll Eloff

1 Oct 25, 2011
Reply by Thaneeya McArdle

Scanning Artwork

Does anyone have suggestions on how to brighten up my background space without blowing my whites out within the drawing? I've attached 2 sc…

Started by Amy Waters

6 Oct 15, 2011
Reply by Lizzie

printers

HI every one.Does any one no about printers. whats the best all rounder to buy for our art needs.

Started by Christine Bowerman

8 Sep 30, 2011
Reply by Christine Bowerman

Quick question about art fairs and selling

I have a quick simple question that I will delete as soon as possible to keep the forums clean.   I've been having a discussion with someon…

Started by Aubrey Campbell

2 Sep 25, 2011
Reply by Aubrey Campbell

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2018   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service