Marilyn Brown's Discussions (9)

Discussions Replied To (9) Replies Latest Activity

"I would love to receive this book to help me further the experience.  I have done so…"

Marilyn Brown replied Jul 22, 2014 to (Update August 1: Giveaway has ended) - Enter for a Chance to Win a Free Book: The Beauty of Zentangle

104 Aug 2, 2014
Reply by Mackena Kristine Lannes

"A woman at our church said to me the other day, "You just can't get paid for crafts.…"

Marilyn Brown replied Mar 18, 2014 to Token payment. How do you feel about it?

6 Mar 18, 2014
Reply by Margaret Brock

"I would love to own this book.  I have been doing mixed media work for years, but mi…"

Marilyn Brown replied Sep 4, 2012 to (Update Oct 1: Giveaway has ended) Enter for a Chance to Win a Free Book: Painting with Mixed Media!

103 Oct 1, 2012
Reply by Darshan.D.P

"Absolutely!  On hardboard you may want to apply it with a roller rather than a brush…"

Marilyn Brown replied Mar 20, 2012 to I have never used acrylic - I like to start :o)

18 Jun 10, 2012
Reply by lora spence

"I use DecoArt Americana acrylics...yep...the ones that everyone calls "craft paints.…"

Marilyn Brown replied Mar 20, 2012 to I have never used acrylic - I like to start :o)

18 Jun 10, 2012
Reply by lora spence

"The Sta-Wet paper is great to add between the paper towel sheets.  You don't have to…"

Marilyn Brown replied Dec 14, 2011 to Saving acrylic paint

6 Mar 21, 2012
Reply by Ev McTaggart

"How do you get the Modpodge to not dry sticky?  The one time I tried it, I thought i…"

Marilyn Brown replied Dec 14, 2011 to Varnish for Acrylic

10 Dec 15, 2014
Reply by Arnesto Borges

"I use DecoArt Americana "craft paint" and have never had any trouble with cracking. "

Marilyn Brown replied Dec 14, 2011 to "Dripping" effect for Acrylics

14 Aug 4, 2015
Reply by Lisa Kelly

"I have used a Sta-Wet palette for years and heard a tip that may come in handy.  Use…"

Marilyn Brown replied Dec 14, 2011 to I have never used acrylic - I like to start :o)

18 Jun 10, 2012
Reply by lora spence

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service