All Discussions Tagged 'pastels' (8)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

protecting a pastel painting

I would like to know how you protect a pastel painting..how do you mount it on a poster board???

Started by Devora Baht Y'shua

4 Feb 7, 2017
Reply by Mark Bedwell

Pan Pastels

Does anyone have experience with these? They seem like they would be great to work with?

Started by Penny Meaux

4 Aug 17, 2015
Reply by Penny Meaux

How do i improve on details with soft pastels?

Ok guys so I'm back here in TAC and I have a question. You see this new painting of mine? This frog is great in my opinion but I still wann…

Started by Maria Lalala

1 Jul 5, 2015
Reply by Beverly Burrows

Sad about final results

So, my turtle was coming along fine until the end. The instructor in the video did not add a background, but I wanted mine blue to match th…

Started by Kelley Brautigam

21 May 1, 2014
Reply by michele josiane martin

Works in progress

Therese are three I have taken pictures of. My Sat rose of summer, the mill and my sheep in a blizzard. All unfinished, all subject to edit…

Started by Judy Schaffer Firneno

0 Nov 2, 2013

How to make your own soft pastels from scratch

Have you ever thought about making your own soft pastels? The main advantage of making your own pastels is that you can control the color(s…

Started by Thaneeya McArdle

5 May 5, 2012
Reply by Sharon Crowder

Art Supply Brands

I have been working with ink and colored pencils for quite a while for my personal artistic endeavors, but have never invested in quality s…

Started by LeeAnn Ortiz

2 Jan 27, 2012
Reply by LeeAnn Ortiz

Oil Pastels

I've been experimenting a little with oil pastels (pentals, and mont martre). They are only student quality. I havent done anything worth p…

Started by Pauline Donohoe

5 Aug 2, 2011
Reply by Pauline Donohoe

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service