All Discussions Tagged 'watercolor' (13)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tips For Using Masking Fluid

Masking fluid can be a handy tool when painting with watercolors, because it allows you to keep certain areas of your paper white. You appl…

Started by Thaneeya McArdle

4 Mar 3, 2017
Reply by michele josiane martin

WIP - Old Wooden Door

This is the painting that I'm working on.  I'm new to watercolour and have been enjoying it very much!  

Started by Tanya Gibson

3 Nov 13, 2016
Reply by Kathy Orrell

dLauren ~ Shake up your paintings!

Thoughts on watercolor painting

Started by Dana Childs

2 Jan 22, 2015
Reply by Dana Childs

Victorian WIP

Because I lived in this house as a child and because I reallllly need the practice, I thought I'd start this drawing. I barely have any ink…

Started by V. Peterson

29 Feb 6, 2014
Reply by V. Peterson

Works in progress

I am finally back on track with my Christmas in Connecticut. But now, after all the grief it's giving me, it is being framed and titled. No…

Started by Judy Schaffer Firneno

0 Dec 1, 2013

Roses

Watercolor on 140lb. cold-pressed paper using layered washes. I might go back and put some stronger color on the first rose....maybe...if I…

Started by Aubrey Campbell

4 Oct 30, 2013
Reply by Monica Havasi

Profile of the Week: Aubrey Campbell (posted May 14, 2013)

Welcome to Profile of the Week! We are delighted to present Aubrey Campbell from Greencastle, IN, USA. Aubrey creates realistic drawings an…

7 Sep 30, 2013
Reply by Nelson Failing

Watercolor Painting Learning Library - Free Online Resources (Websites, Videos, etc)

This thread is dedicated to listing free online resources for learning how to paint with watercolors!  This can include websites and videos…

5 Aug 9, 2013
Reply by Thaneeya McArdle

Profile of the Week: Judyth Nelson (posted June 10, 2013)

Welcome to Profile of the Week! We are delighted to present Judyth Nelson from Howard City, MI. Judyth creates art that is bright, colorful…

15 Jun 21, 2013
Reply by Judyth Nelson

Try Something New

Today's challenge is simple--try something new for the first time.  Try a new technique, experiment with a new to you medium, take a stab a…

Started by Donna Duquette

20 Jul 6, 2012
Reply by paul meinerth

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service