My painting style is very detailed and a lot of my work has very small objects with lots of detailing. I also fine line pen on many parts of the painting and at present I also simply use a fine liner brush and cut back in with other colours until I am happy with the finish. I have often thought it would be much easier to use a pen that I can fill with acrylic paint to use just like a fine line marker. Does anyone know if such a thing exists? I know nail artists use pens but I'm not sure if these will be suitable.

Views: 10210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you want a sharp, detailed line, check out the Tacro ruling pen at Mister

Reply to Discussion



New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.


The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!


It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!


Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:






© 2020   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service