I am new to the site and cannot see where or how I add friends from this site to my page please?  I have had a look at the guidelines but I cannot see it mind you I might not be looking in the right place.  Please advise me of how to do this.  Thanks, Marion

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Marion, To add someone as a friend, go to their profile page and click "Add as Friend" which appears on the left, under their profile pic. If they accept your friend request then they will show up in your friends list.

I've just accepted the friend request you sent me so I think you've got the hang of it! :)

Thanks Thaneeya, I really appreciated your reply.

What do we see that is different if we invite or accept friends? Is it just a way to jump to their page quickly??  

Thaneeya McArdle said:

Hi Marion, To add someone as a friend, go to their profile page and click "Add as Friend" which appears on the left, under their profile pic. If they accept your friend request then they will show up in your friends list.

I've just accepted the friend request you sent me so I think you've got the hang of it! :)

When you add someone as a friend, a link to their profile will appear in the left column of your profile page, which means you can easily find them again if you want to see their latest artwork, blog post, or other activity. You won't see a separate "Activity Stream" featuring only your friends' activity, however.

You will also be able to send them private messages, which is only possible when someone is on your friends list.

Plus, if you have the privacy setting for your profile or artwork set to "Friends Only", then the only people who will see them are the people on your friends list. And vice versa, if someone else has their setting as "Friends Only" then you'll only see their art or profile if you friend each other.
Hope that helps answer your question!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service