Hello all...I am very excited to be here among so many amazing artists. I thought I would share one of recent works with you so you have and idea of what I am about. I hope to contribute and learn from everyone while I am here! Thanks :)

Views: 1190

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Allen,

This is absolutely beautiful work.  Well-captured and interesting technique using the markers. 

Hi Terry! Thanks for the compliment :-). This is 97% Colored Pencil and 3% marker underlay.

Allen R. Palmer said:
Thanks Jesse! I appreciate the kind words and I wish you succes with your colored pencils endeavor
I use ( Blue Tack ) for taking colour pencil off the paper. Just dab it on dont rub. It's very good.

Wow, I thought this was real, now that is what I call hyper-realism! Stunning! I can almost hear the rainforest!

Thank you Sandra :)

Your work is amazing!!~~Wray~~

Thanks!

oh this is really nice.. this is the kind of realism I wanted to get with my soft pastel drawings... I have a long ways to go,, and a lot to learn...

Thank you Maria...I feel the same way about my own work :)

oh wow Allen ... when I grow up I want to be able to colour-pencil just like you!

Thanks Carole! :)

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service