Well, I finally finished my Altered Book. It took a year of scrapping all my leftover paint from a day in my studio, to coat every single page of this art journal. It began as an old Reader's Digest Condensed Book that I bought for 25 cents. Although it was 50 years old it was in great shape with good strong paper and binding. I began it's transformation by gluing together three pages at a time until I got to the end of the book. Then both the front and back cover was layered with leftover fabric, paint and I even slapped on a few old doilies I had that were worn and torn. When I layered paint on the front and back covers I always made sure I would do both of them at the same time so there'd be some continuity. I can't wait to do my first journal page in my new book. :o) Maybe this weekend!
have fun using this. keep us posted.
very nice. loved reading what you were thinking/feeling while doing this page. hope all is okay.