As I specialize in ACEO's (miniature art cards 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" in size) I have been asked by several members of the Art Colony what the difference is between ACEOs and ATCs.  Basically as far as the size and the art, nothing.  They both measure the same size -- the size of baseball cards --  and the artwork itself can be anything.  The absolute and only difference is in the titles! ATCs are to be swapped/traded only.  Never sold.  ACEOs are made specifically to be sold.  I am including a link here that explains it all in detail.  In my opinion, it's the best of the best article on the subject!  If you are interested, please read!  http://www.easy-oil-painting-techniques.org/artist-trading-cards.html

Views: 119

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I am a huge supporter of the ATC movement , and am proud of my collection of atc's from an array of talented artists. This is the first that I have heart of the latter.....and I am feeling a bit sad by this. Do you think that others would sell their atc's to make money now, claiming that they were acro's? I take time on most my act's, as they are mini pieces of artwork. I wish I had not seen this and was in the dark that a movement like this was happening:( Or I may just be reacting, and need to educate and investigate this newer movement further.....

I totally agree with you  I am not pleased with the thought of any atcs  being sold .. it take away all the fun of the swap knowing that all over the world I am able to communicate with people I would never have met I  do not agree with the selling part the main aim of swapping is the giving in my view..........

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service