Can experienced ATC makers please suggest good glues to use to make ATC's with?  I am new to creating ATC's and love doing them but I am finding the glue I have been using, although sticks really well, is leaving a residue - UHU all purpose adhesive twist & glue.

I live in Australia so even if you can recommend the type and not the brand as I may not be able to get it here (the brand).

Thank-you

Marion

Views: 396

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Marion, I appreciate your feedback.  ~~I am new to all this.

When you refer to a backing card, what is that?  Does the little 2 x 3 card not stand alone, normally?

~~~clueless me,

linda

Hi,Linda   Very happy to hear about your interest in ATCs I hope you will join one of our swaps soon. If you Goggle "How to make an ATC",you will find many good sites and" You Tubes" about the many approaches you can take in creating these mini pieces of art. I look forward to seeing what you create. Happy New Year !!

Thanks Sharon, that is great information for Linda.

Linda check out the sites Sharon mentioned and I think that will help you understand what I am talking about.  Enjoy creating, ATC's are wonderful miniature creations I love.

Okie dokie ~ will do.

:-)s

linda

Hi again, everyone.  I have browsed in Utube at the various demos of creating ATCs.  Forgive me for having another question:  does anything go on the back?  Is this something you can do but don't have to??  ~~I was thinking perhaps of a fancy signature  [I just got some new calligraphy pens!!  :-)s]

Also, I gather that you can put a second 'backing' layer on your card - but again, I am thinking this is optional.  Am I on track?

many thanks

~linda

Linda B said:

Okie dokie ~ will do.

:-)s

linda

A signature and date or I have a collection of ATC card back stamps like these: http://youratcstore.com/atc-stamps-for-atc-backs-c-109_50.html

Hi, Linda   Everyone has a different approach to the backs of ATCs from elaborate to nothing at all, but I think the Title of the card,the theme (if there is one) the date,E-mail address and signature are good to include.Personally I love to put nice paper of any kind,note paper from previous swaps,glossy pictures I have pulled out of magazines, plain colored paper that carries through the colors of the front etc etc. Here is an example of how I do mine,but it is completely up to you.Enjoy !!

sharon oppenheimer said:

These are a few more examples of backs before attaching the info. This was a Japanese theme so I used origami paper .

sharon oppenheimer said:

Wow - what great info and examples.  I'm sooo glad this all came up, as I hadn't thought of doing anything with the back.  Now, you'all have inspired me.  thank you thank you!!

linda 

I use mod podge, and glue sticks, even glitter glue

Beautifully done

mod podge, i use selleys aquadhere and bostik glustick … i've made about 140 atc's , i love them, they are often using mixed media. only some people hand draw them.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service