Recyclying, Reusing and Repurposing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulXTu7ZKgOE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRJMEdUBQsk&list=PL913F4AE8A2DD...

good info how you can use old books and prep them for beginners and money saving art journalers...

Views: 219

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for posting! I have a few books to turn into as journal

Love it!  Thank you for posting...something I've just begun doing - and I've found that you can usually find atlas' at second hand or charity shops for REALLY cheap, great paper, HUGE format - they make amazing altered book journals. 

Oh good idea

You guys are so welcome!

Wow really good ideas, never thought of the atlas idea, interesting

I use cardboard from boxes to make mixed media pieces. I am very new to Art itself. To keep things at low cost, I try my hands on mixed media. I don't have Gesso. I use white glue mixed with water to prepare the canvas or the cardboard or watercolour paper. I was using craft acrylic pain to learn. I bought a set of acrylic paint tubes yesterday, which is not craft paint. I use all available brushes. Last week I tried to add fabric and embroidery floss in my work. We can use foam sheets to make stencils. I use facial tissue to create texture. The paper towels I use to wipe my paint brushes are going to be used as background papers later. I have many beads in my stash. Needed to find a way to add them in the work. 

I tried my hands on altering a printed book to use as a journal. It is kind of working, but, several pages has to be glued together to get the strength. 

I need to get an atlas to make an altered book. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service