I would like you advice on this piece or any other peice that I have done. If my work is not up to par I want to know it and what it is. I can't improve unless I know what the weaknesses are so if you see something please advise me so I can improve the painting. Thank you in advance

Views: 218

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I did not look at the painting for several days and I agree about the detail in the flowers that are closer and also the size. I am not done with this painting and I do realize that the light source is definately right sided here. along with the road size. I think the tree closest is at the edge of the field while the others are further back so I will do something to make this more apparent.  I am still working on this in my mind and will be definately thinking of all the critiques. Thank you everyone I sure appreciate the help! God only knows how it will finally turn out lol!

I think you will do just fine.  Use your artistic license and make it what you  envision.  I found out long ago that when I asked for constructive critiques that if I tried to make all the wonderful changes everyone suggested I ruined many, so I pick and choose which ones align up with my vision and then force myself to stop when I think it is finished.  You will know gut wise when it is finished.  My self I can see me standing in this feild the wind blowing and breathing in the beautiful view.  When you accomplish that you have succeeded in your task.

I know. Everyone has their own interpretation and in the end I have choose my own and that is fine however I do appreciate all the opinions and some are a great help and if not for this painting that doesn't mean it isn't in the next one!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service