So this one is taking longer than I anticipated as pastel objects are often difficult to render due to the need for color but not too much - keeping a very light hand takes time and Faber Castel does not have a lot of really pastel colors like Prismas Greyed Lavender which I'm having to use a lot for the petals.  Having said that I figure a few more days of steady progress and I should be done.

Views: 167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i like the detail work on the flower and the back drop

holy cow! i thought that was your reference at first! gorgeous! :o)

Thanks Michael.  Took a peek at your pieces as well - stunning.  I especially like the one of the Indian woman.

Looks beautiful Terry!

That's it - I'm done.  I looked at it and I see that I could just keep going but the trick someone once said is to know when to say you're done - so I'm done!  The final photography of it won't happen till next week but this is from my camera - perhaps a bit blurry but you get the idea.

Wow.

It's really good. Well done.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2019   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service