(Update July 1: Giveaway has ended) Enter for a Chance to Win a Free Book: Sketchbook Confidential

The giveaway has ended.

Congrats to our winner, Marian Foster!

The Art Colony is pleased to offer you a chance to

win a free copy of Sketchbook Confidential,

a 176-page book that overflows with inspiration, by offering readers a special glimpse into the sketches of over 40 diverse artists - sketches that were never intended for public display, which makes them all the more intriguing and educational!

For a detailed look at Sketchbook Confidential, I encourage you to check out my review on Art-is-Fun.com, where you will find images of the sketches in this book, and learn more about what this inspiring book contains.

How to Participate:

The giveaway has ended.

To enter this giveaway, all you have to do is reply to this discussion by telling us:

"Why would you like to win this book?"

or

"What do you enjoy most about sketching?"

Please type your response in the "Reply to Discussion" box at the bottom of this page.

Rules:

The giveaway has ended.

You can reply to this discussion as many times as you want, (as we would like to encourage interaction), but your name will only be entered into the drawing once. Everyone who answers this question will be assigned a number. At the end of the giveaway, a number will be randomly selected and whoever was assigned that number will be the winner. Conversation is encouraged, but people who respond in this thread without answering either question will not be entered into the giveaway.

The giveaway ends on June 30, 2013 at midnight PST. A winner will be announced within 2 days of the end of the giveaway. The winner must provide their name and mailing address in order to receive the prize. If the winner does not respond within 4 weeks of winning, the prize is forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.

There is no cost or fee to participate. Any potential taxes, import duties or other fees relating to the receipt of this book are the responsibility of the winner.

This is an international giveaway, so it's open to all of our members from around the world. The book will be shipped to you at our expense.

This book was donated to the Art Colony as a giveaway prize by North Light Books, publisher of high-quality art instruction books. Any trademarks or copyrighted material used in this promotion are the property of the respective owners and are used with permission from North Light Books.

Here are a few images from Sketchbook Confidential to give you an idea of what's inside:

For more info about this book, Sketchbook Confidential, please check out my review at:

http://www.art-is-fun.com/sketchbook-confidential.html

The giveaway has ended. Thank you to all who participated!

Views: 2711

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I would love to win this book as I teach art to children and think this would be a great resource for them and myself for inspiration. I like that the book has artwork by a variety of many talented artists.

I would love to win this book because I am not a sketcher. I have tried but I just can't get inspired to do it. I think seeing other artist's processes would really help me find my voice in skething.

This looks like an amazing book. I think it would provide a lot of inspiration. I would love to study the techniques of these artists. To have so much in one book would be great!

I have not been in the habit of sketching before painting, even though it has been recommended by my teachers in the past and I have read many articles in my painting books and magazines in which the suggestion to sketch has been made.   I  realize that taking the time to do a value sketch increases the probability of creating a successful piece of art.  While I have taken a few workshops I am mostly self taught.  I am an avid reader and I know I could benefit from owning Creative Sketching.  I would love to develop my own style of sketching and believe this book could be my inspiration and give me a solid understanding of sketching.

I enjoy the freedom when sketching. This is when I tend to let my guard down and also a time when I try new products.

I am always intrigued by sketchbooks.  Seeing another artist's processes and ideas, the way that they create the images that lead up to their final product.  I would love to win the book so that I can learn from it, use it as inspiration, and hopefully begin to fill up my sketchbook a little more :)

I would like to have this sketch book because of all the different styles, mediums, etc.  I have a couple of sketch books, large and small, that has remained empty.  I would like to have ideas on different ways to sketch, along with tips from artists.  I am having trouble getting started.  I think sketching would help my fear of just painting without a pattern of what I want to paint and to branch out on my own.  I know sketching would help me to be able to do that.  I would like to try different approaches, though I do tend to bend toward realism.  I want to be able to sketch what I see that interests me, and to remember what I saw to try and put it to canvas or whatever.  From what I can see from the few pages in this book, it appears to have a lot of great ideas and samples.  I do want to start also an art journal, and though this is not for that purpose, it would maybe give me confidence to start there too.  I am too much a perfectionist, and need to loosen up. I think a sketch book would help me in this.  I think that is what has kept me from starting.  Just need to see from other artists that it does not always have to be a perfect drawing.  I can start without being perfect and work my way up to better sketches as I go along.  I hope this makes sense.  I need the help to get to where I eventually want to go. and that is to canvas or other surfaces without being afraid to mess a painting up.  I also have, besides paint and brushes, watercolors and pencils, along with oil pencils.I am interested in working in all different mediums and surfaces.  Not really interested in crafts or altered books, though that could change as I learn more.   I probably need to explore the playfulness and not be so rigid.  Thank you and your sponsor for the chance to get this book.

Thanks for this beautiful forum where we all are expressing ourselves towards this wonderful book, I will love to have it and own it for continuous inspiration and motivation to my work. It will definitely add lots of value to my existing work in future, all the knowledge and insight gained through this book will be passed on to my children and the other kids who come for learning art and science with me.

I have a few sketching pads and journals that I keep around the house or carry with me so that I can draw whenever an idea comes up. It helps me collect my thoughts plus it's relaxing and fun!

I am a beginner in drawing. this book will be a great source of inspiration and reference for me.

I would love to win this book! Sketching is the media that I work best in. I love it and also love the opportunity to see someone elses way of doing things. I hope I win this book because I feel like it will give me new perspective and help me to continue cultivating my skills in sketching :)

what i love the most about sketching :1. instantaneous! 2. less mess/clutter!! :)

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2020   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service