(Update July 1: Giveaway has ended) Enter for a Chance to Win a Free Book: Sketchbook Confidential

The giveaway has ended.

Congrats to our winner, Marian Foster!

The Art Colony is pleased to offer you a chance to

win a free copy of Sketchbook Confidential,

a 176-page book that overflows with inspiration, by offering readers a special glimpse into the sketches of over 40 diverse artists - sketches that were never intended for public display, which makes them all the more intriguing and educational!

For a detailed look at Sketchbook Confidential, I encourage you to check out my review on Art-is-Fun.com, where you will find images of the sketches in this book, and learn more about what this inspiring book contains.

How to Participate:

The giveaway has ended.

To enter this giveaway, all you have to do is reply to this discussion by telling us:

"Why would you like to win this book?"

or

"What do you enjoy most about sketching?"

Please type your response in the "Reply to Discussion" box at the bottom of this page.

Rules:

The giveaway has ended.

You can reply to this discussion as many times as you want, (as we would like to encourage interaction), but your name will only be entered into the drawing once. Everyone who answers this question will be assigned a number. At the end of the giveaway, a number will be randomly selected and whoever was assigned that number will be the winner. Conversation is encouraged, but people who respond in this thread without answering either question will not be entered into the giveaway.

The giveaway ends on June 30, 2013 at midnight PST. A winner will be announced within 2 days of the end of the giveaway. The winner must provide their name and mailing address in order to receive the prize. If the winner does not respond within 4 weeks of winning, the prize is forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.

There is no cost or fee to participate. Any potential taxes, import duties or other fees relating to the receipt of this book are the responsibility of the winner.

This is an international giveaway, so it's open to all of our members from around the world. The book will be shipped to you at our expense.

This book was donated to the Art Colony as a giveaway prize by North Light Books, publisher of high-quality art instruction books. Any trademarks or copyrighted material used in this promotion are the property of the respective owners and are used with permission from North Light Books.

Here are a few images from Sketchbook Confidential to give you an idea of what's inside:

For more info about this book, Sketchbook Confidential, please check out my review at:

http://www.art-is-fun.com/sketchbook-confidential.html

The giveaway has ended. Thank you to all who participated!

Views: 2711

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I have just recently found my way back to my art.  I've started a fresh sketchbook myself, and I am enjoying creating again!  Sometimes I doodle, sometimes those doodles turn into all-out zentangles, some of my creations are just whimsical creatures and people.  Some of my creations are coming out just as black ink drawings, and others I've added watercolors to.  I would just love to see what other artists have done in their own sketchbooks when they were drawing, doodling, or painting for themselves, and not in works that would be made public.  Thank you for the opportunity to win this fabulous book with your contest!

Using a sketch book seems to take away my fear of white paper. I feel free to make mistakes and therefore I am more likely to pick up my watercolor brushes and "throw paint".

Sketchbooks are fun, intimate and unique way to work. I love drawing and sketching because it's relaxing and is great for training your observational and imaginative skills.

I would LOVE to win this book as I always long to see the process of other artists. I am always learning new things from observing artists' work in progress... and I am always amazed at what other people choose to create/color, it inspires me. :)

What a wonderful book.  I really enjoy books showing other people's work they are always so inspirational, which is why I would love to win this book.

I lsketch because it is relaxing, keeps me sane and I figure one day that I'll sketch something that someone will recognize. LOL

I like to draw or sketch.  I'm not very good at it and need a lot of instruction.  I know I have it in my blood because my dad is a professional artist and owns his own advertising agency.  He spend hours upon hours drawing country western stars.  He is in the Guiness Book of World Records for that very same thing.  So I know I have a little of his talent. I just need to know how to unleash it.  Maybe this book will help me!  I hope I win this book!

I'm just trying to teach myself to draw. I've never done art in my life....all kinds of knitting and needlework, yes....art no! I think this book would be very helpful to me!

Would love to win this book!

I would use this book as inspiration and for encouragement to sketch more. I have a tendency to skip some of the most important parts of a good sketch when doing a watercolor. I believe this book will,help me break that nasty habit.

I absolutely love looking at other people's sketchbooks but ever since I left college I'm not around many people who keep that sort of thing. I also used to keep a sketchbook, I used to love having the freedom to just sit and sketch, it was a great way to study people. I used to practise drawing people in different postures. I enjoyed this because it forced me to be quick since people move!!! I don't sketch nearly so often now in favour of a pocket watercolour set and a computer for inspiration, but I do miss my sketchbook days!

This would be really helpful to get me past this artist block going on...good luck everyone! 

Thank you to everyone who participated in our giveaway!

The winner is...

Marian Foster from Louisville, KY, USA!

Congratulations, Marion! :)

----

Thank you to everyone who participated.

Please check back in mid-July for the next giveaway!

In the meantime, Happy Art-Making!! :)

RSS

Guidelines

New to the site? Check out our Guide to Getting Started.

Please take a moment to read our Member Guidelines. Thanks!

Need help?

If you need assistance with this site, please visit the Site Help forum where the moderators and/or other members will assist you.

About

The Art Colony is a fun online art community for artists of all abilities working in painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture and handicrafts! Join us and share your art, ask questions, receive tips, and make new friends!

It is 100% FREE to join the Art Colony and always will be!

Cheekyjane

Artist and Owner of The Art Colony                      

The Art Colony is co-run by a fabulous team of enthusiastic moderators:

Pat

Stacy

Nick

Members

© 2020   Created by Jane Miles. All Rights Reserved.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service